*You* wish you were born in a different country when ...

Ever wished you were born in a different country?

United Kingdom. So fab place, and latest job matches for you. Check out:

• Embedded Systems Engineer
  • Aviation
  • in Cheltenham
  • £Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits

I have some skills, but they say "no foreigners in our aviation", may be they will sometime ask you for some assistance, counseling, if they happen to come into some strange difficulty.

It doesn't sound good, aint' it? But Hey Ho? Pip & Dandy!

So, for * my great intentions for the new years in UK * I will be employed as dishwasher in some restaurant around London, of whose experience I have a long list in my curricula vitae (Erasmus).

But oh, still great intentions. It's ok. I'd kill in order to stay in London. I also love Cheltenham. What I can't actually resist is when I lift up the receiver and … its Nicolle of R.Savvy there, from a place near Piccadilly Circus. She makes some phone calls sometimes.

She works there. I met her in a few occasions, downtown. So beautiful woman. She is blonde, skinny, not so rich employment (hostess), but she has the sexiest voice I've ever heard (especially on the phone). So I dared for a date. Tea-break? Happy hour? Somewhere in London? Umm maybe together for New Year's Eve?

She laughed - BrExit, man - which sounds like a "no", which might be a "yes", but, dammit, I don't actually understand what? she said afterward.

There were no subtitles, and she comes from the north of England.

dally:
There were no subtitles, and she comes from the north of England.

Your browser settings are wrong.
They always live within 3 miles of me :slight_smile:

I have some difficulties with Nicolle.

I don't understand what she says on the phone. I don't get her accent, and her English apperas me different in the pattern I am used, also because I am was not born in England. So the universal language is the body language. But I can't dig deeper (especially on the phone).

When I lift up the receiver and it's Nicolle I light my face like the lights on the xmas tree. But I don't understand more than the 30% of what she says, and this makes me unhappy because I feel the language barrier.

What do you wish someone would invent? No doubt dear Santa Claus, I'd like to find an "eyePhone" under the tree.

It's a sort of contact lens embedded with a special cristal liquid display. And it's also a smartphone. It doesn't exist yet, but it would be super-useful to have subtitles when you speak with someone who speaks a stranger language.

Don't you understand what she says? Just put your eyePhone on, and read at the subtitles. A piece of cake, like when you watch at stranger movies.

What a fab idea. Can someone invent it, please? Let's do it. It will be an epic success.

(love story, in England, to be continued … )

dally:
So, for * my great intentions for the new years in UK * I will be employed as dishwasher in some restaurant around London, of whose experience I have a long list in my curricula vitae (Erasmus).

But oh, still great intentions.

:smiley: