Your latest purchase

"A Book On C, Fourth Edition"

|500x375

shhhhhh! ! !.. Don't advertise it, Ray Bradbury might find out.... Looks well used. Tom... Celcius 232.778

TomGeorge: shhhhhh! ! !.. Don't advertise it, Ray Bradbury might find out.... Looks well used. Tom... Celcius 232.778

Based on Tom's (really cool - and suddenly topical) recommendation, I just ordered this book. Thanks Chum, thanks Tom!

A nice crowd-founded board with ATmega128, DS3231, ESP8266, HC-05, NRF24L01 for $24.

https://www.crowdsupply.com/mintbox-technologies/winkel-board
winkel-specifications-front-1_png_project-body.jpg
winkel-specifications-back_png_project-body.jpg

Whandall:
A nice crowd-founded board with ATmega128, DS3231, ESP8266, HC-05, NRF24L01 for $24.

https://www.crowdsupply.com/mintbox-technologies/winkel-board
winkel-specifications-front-1_png_project-body.jpg
winkel-specifications-back_png_project-body.jpg

That’s a sweet looking board!

Parts and PCBs for a 4-chip Z80 system (that uses an Arduino ATmega32a as IO/boot controller.)

Z80 ... Now there is a blast from the past!

ChrisTenone: Z80 ... Now there is a blast from the past!

And still in production , with variants.

|500x375

Two secondhand LCDs for my unix box :D

westfw: Z80 system (that uses an Arduino ATmega32a as IO/boot controller.)

That is a truly painful irony.

Those are little screens.

CrossRoads:
Those are little screens.

Yup. They are also not 16:9, they are 4:3.
Reasons they got sold for cheap. Just 20 quid (UKP) each.
(40 for both of them)

travis_farmer: they are kinda small...

1024x768,24bit@60Hz is enough for me.

so, I would had better put 5 hundred quid on 32 inc lcd ? Something like the last BenQ BL3200PT ? It's 1920x1200 highly suggested for CAD/CAM usage :D

Used 4x3 LCDs are quite a bargain these days. At the local surplus store, they were selling them strictly by size (17": $15, <20": 20, <24": 25, or something like that. I managed to pick one of those old Dells that has RCA and SVideo inputs, plus USB ports, for the same price as a “normal” screen.

westfw: 17": $15

Yup, mine are DEC, 17" size, 20UKP each, quite similar price as well, but I bought a couple of NEC because I need sync on green, and a combo port VGA + DVI. Those LCDs are known to be working with my UNIX-box setup.

And here I was thinking the keyboard was just huge ...

ChrisTenone: And here I was thinking the keyboard was just huge ...

Yep it's up to the 5% bigger than usual, but not so big. It's American layout, made in USA (it's written on the label on the back), by SGI in 1992. Good plastic. The feeling you have on that keyboard is superb, very comfortable, and, on every key pressed, you hear a "click" like on a teletype :D

Amazing, but the mouse is external, and this is not good when you want to put your keyboard inside a drawer (typically used in a rack-mount configuration).

Also is not good when the working area on your desktop is small. I haven't enough space to move the mouse.

So, I am looking for a PS/2 keyboard with a built-in trackball. I have found some interesting devices, also with built-in touchpad, but -1- they are only located in USA and -2- they are priced at no less than 1 hundred bucks.

Too expensive for a keyboard.

you hear a "click" like on a teletype

Have you ever actually pressed a key on a teletype? It didn't just "click", the whole room shook.

AWOL: Have you ever actually pressed a key on a teletype? It didn't just "click", the whole room shook.

Motors start up and the buttons are of the type that need to be pushed, not tapped, and then there is a couple of clicks and a head pops up infront of the ribbon and hammers a character onto the paper through an ink ribbon. And the frame the keyboard sat on begins to shake when you get your blood up and are one or two finger typing as great speed. (Well great speed bu my standards.) Tom.... :)