Your opinion on my science fair project

Hello this is my research paper for my science fair and am jut wondering what you guys think. I many wan to know if you think I'm testing this in a good way. Any feed back will help.

Thank you, Easton

Research Plan Question: How will the hand I create compare to a human hand based on precision controlled by the user? How will the movements of the hand be similar to my hand? How well will it be able to mimic my movements with appropriate timing and control? Engineering Goals: 1. Move my hand and control another hand that mimics my movements. 2. Make the control glove wireless and able to control the animatronic hand fluently and have a response time within 2 seconds. 3. Make a wireless animatronic hand that doesn't need to operate with the assistance of a computer. Hypothesis: I believe based on the code I will make and test that I will be able to build a hand that mimics my movements within 2 seconds. As I move my hand and do a simple task like pick up an object I believe he hand will do this also. This means that the hand will be able to do tasks as I am doing them at the same time. I believe that during the first test I will get to the first or second ball. Throughout the test I think I will be able to get up to the light bulb. I think this because the light bulb is oddly shaped and has a good amount of weigh to it. Procedure: 1. Power both of the Arduinos to make sure they operate correctly. 2. Assemble the Xbee radio shields. 3. Connect the Xbee shields to the Arduino by placing on top of the Arduino. 4. Connect the Xbee's to the shields and connect them via USB. 5. Take the ATMEGA328 chip off the Arduino so there is a direct link between the computer and the Xbee radio. 6. Configure them in XCTU (default settings will work). 7. Plug the ATEMEGA328 chip back in and open up Arduino 0021 (programming program) 8. Create the code which make the sending Arduino read the flex sensors and send the data though the Xbee radio. 9. Create the code for the receiving Arduino to receive the flex sensor values and move the correct servo to the appropriate position paced of the sensor data. 10. Repeat steps 2-8 for the receiving Arduino and Xbee shield. 11. Make the hand out of wire protecting tubing with the joints in the appropriate spot as if it was a human hand. 12. Run fishing tackle through the fingers and connect them to the servos. 13. Test to make sure you that the fingers bend correctly when you pull the string. 14. Make the glove sewing the 5 flex sensors to the fingers. 15. Put the sending board and wires into an enclosure and make it transportable. 16. Do the same for the receiving boards and make an enclosure for them that is presentable. 17. Make another test to make sure everything is working correctly. 18. Test the response time compared to the hand that is in the glove. 19. Start testing by picking up objects that vary in mass and shape. Use the list I have come up with that has varying objects that increase in difficulty. 20. Record all of the data you collect and make graphs that correspond to it. 21. Make a conclusion based of your tests to see how well the hand compares to the real thing. Data Analysis: [ch8203]In between each of these tests I will be making small to large improvements to my hand/arm to try and get further on the table. The table starts of with the lightest and neutral sized objects to the larger/ abnormal sized objects with an increase of weight. Each test I will see witch object I am getting stuck on and make the appropriate changes to get past this. Objects Test 1 Test 2 Test 3 Test 4 Test 5 Ball 1 Ball 2 Ball 3 Cup1 Cup 2 Light Bulb Staw Bundle (5) Staw Bundle (10) Staw Bundle (15) Staw Bundle (20) Staw Bundle (25) Bibliography: Caleb Kraft. “Cheap robotic hand.” 2010. http://hackaday.com/2010/10/07/cheap-robotic-hand/. 25 April 2010. Chris Willis. “Android World.” http://www.androidworld.com/. 25 April 2010 Humanoid Animatronic Hand! PC Controlled!!.Halo2maniaccc. 26 April 2010. 9:41. Tanntraad (User Name). “Simple Animatronics (robotic hand).” 2010. http://www.instructables.com/id/Simple-Animatronics-robotic-hand/. 23 April 2010. Willis, Chris, Phone interview. 07 March 2010.

This sounds more like an engineering competition entry, than a science fair entry. Where's the experiment? Where's the control? What's the hypothesis? Etc...

Thank you both this isn't my final research paper so I can make changes but how would you think I could test this and get some data and numbers from this? But really this is more of a proof of concept. Also this arduino forum messed up the format if this but this does have my hypothesis and so on