Yun doesn't accept to be a DHCP Client of my Router

Hello there,

I have an Arduino Yun Board until now she was dhcp client of my home router.

I've made an upgrade of my old openwrt to a release of linino

sysupgrade -v openwrt-ar71xx-generic-linino-one-16M-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

And now after the first configuration......Yun doesn't accept to be a DHCP Client of my Router...

Now in the list of IPs of the dhcp server of the router...... I 'dont see it the Yun.

(I'm a little bit new at this..)

There's must be something i'm not doing right...

Does anybody can give me a heads up?

(Almost a year ago, i did it and i had no problems..)

regards,
Rui

Does anybody can help me?

Where did you get that system image file? You might try asking over there.

While the Yun originally used a Linino distribution, my (possibly naive) understanding is that arduino.cc has moved on to straight OpenWRT for the system software, and no longer uses Linino. You may try asking at Linino.org?

I get it from the official web site (http://download.linino.org/linino_distro/master/latest/)

i folowed the instructions here http://wiki.linino.org/doku.php?id=wiki:upgradeimage
(no, i didn’t used the “-n” option to overwrite settings.)

$ cd /tmp
$ wget http://download.linino.org/linino_distro/master/latest/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-linino-one-16M-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin		
$ sysupgrade -v openwrt-ar71xx-generic-linino-one-16M-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

I already ask there… But no awsers…

I thought that might already happen to someone here…

(the problem it’s: holdind the wlan reset button for 35 seconds doesn’t solve the issue),

i will keep looking…

(Maybe i can write the net configuration inside the /etc files.) with a ssh session to the default IP (192.168.240.1) something like “iwconfig wlan0” but i dont know yet how… (i prefered with the web interface)

DarkAngel1973:
I get it from the official web site

That may be the official Linino site, but that is not the official Arduino software image.

I thought that might already happen to someone here…

It was worth a try, but I’m not surprised there are no other replies since that is not an official Arduino software image. You are always free to load whatever software images you like, but if you load someone else’s image onto the board, you face the possibility of being on your own.

(the problem it’s: holdind the wlan reset button for 35 seconds doesn’t solve the issue),

IF that system software image has that same feature (and that’s a big IF) then it probably won’t work until the system is fully booted. You need to apply power, and wait for the system to be fully booted, and then you can press and hold the button. Once you release it, you need to wait for the system restore to complete and the system to reboot - this can take a long time, much longer than the normal one minute booting time. Don’t press reset or cycle power until it is fully booted again. On a standard Arduino software image, the white USB light comes on when fully booted - I have no idea if this Linino build will do the same.

thx shapeshifter, i'm gonna keep "digging"... :wink: