YUN: first steps. Doesn't appear as a new wi-fi hotspot

Hi,

a few days ago arrived my Arduino Yun. I'm new in all this world, so I apologize in advance for my really basic question.

When I plug the Yun to the computer, it doesn't appear like a new hotspot. I have tried to push de "reset wlan" button, but nothing happens neither.

When I type "arduino.local" in my browser, it doesn't recognize the adress.

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

juanmorey: Hi,

a few days ago arrived my Arduino Yun. I'm new in all this world, so I apologize in advance for my really basic question.

When I plug the Yun to the computer, it doesn't appear like a new hotspot. I have tried to push de "reset wlan" button, but nothing happens neither.

What do you plug in exactly where? Ethernet cable? (micro)USB? How long are you waiting after powering up the Yun/resetting wifi before you are trying to connect (you are aware that the Linino part of the Yun might take at least a minute to boot up, then some time for the SSID to actually show up?)

When I type "arduino.local" in my browser, it doesn't recognize the adress.

Well, that can of course only work if you are a) connected to the Yun with an Ethernet cable b) connected to the Yun wirelessly either via it's hot spot function or when connected to the same wireless network.

If either one of those true applies, what about trying to connect via the default IP address (192.168.240.1) instead?

Ralf

Unless you have configured the Yun to connect to your network you should have an AP at 192.168.240.1. Try the 192.168.240.1 address as Ralf suggested above, if that works and you are running windows on your PC you may need to install Apple print services and open port 5353 UDP in your firewall.

Linux and OSX will have "zeroconf" networking enabled by default, you may have it installed already on windows if you use Ipads/Ipods/Iphones or Itunes otherwise you will need to install it to see the arduino.local url.

Thanks Ralph and noblepepper for your answers,

finally I have done reset on the wlan button for more than 30 seconds as it's said in the guide of the Yun and restarted the process.

I seems to have worked. As I said in the first post, I'm new in all this world and every little step is hard for me! Thanks again to you both and all the community!

in case someone is looking for resetting web panel password here - it turns out changing root's password will effectively change web panel password. Following https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoYun#toc7, it is fairly easy.