I am wondering if i should buy the Yun, or a typical Arduino board with network shield. My decision is more related to code interfacing then it is to price.
I've followed some youtubes, to get some Yun info, and have read about, but i still have some questions left. Maybe someone could help me out on these.
- Can other small programs run inside the linux shield, or is it a fixed hard coded factory linux rom
- Can the webserver and the arduino set and get string variables, ea "a hello world"
- If one would like to send or retrieve specific network packet to other hosts on the netwerk. Then who does it on the Yun. Would it be the Arduino c++ code or would the Linux host handle it.
- Is it possible to change the look and feel of the Yun Web interface
- Can the arduino code itself also host a small HTML page, on a different port like http://x.x.x.x:8080 ?