Z Axis trouble

Hello all,

I have a 3d printer that I am having trouble making the z motor go up, it only wants to go down.

I have tried switching the wires around both ways and I have tried changing the code to say true invert the z axis instead of false.

1: code false, wires right way up.
2: code false, wires wrong way up.
3: code true, wires right way up.
4: code true, wires wrong way up.

I have now tried all four of these combinations and all are still resulting in the z axis traveling down..

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.. as I am at a complete loss..

NOPRS:
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.. as I am at a complete loss..

We are even more clueless. We don't know what type of printer, motor, or anything else. We don't know what code you have or what in it you are changing true and false.

My apologies,

I have a cobblebot printer, arduino 2560 mega, ramps 1.4, running marlin. pretty sure it is a nema 17 motor.

and for the code:
// Invert the stepper direction. Change (or reverse the motor connector) if an axis goes the wrong way.
#define INVERT_X_DIR true
#define INVERT_Y_DIR true
#define INVERT_Z_DIR false <— I have tried changing this.

NEMA 17 tells me the physical size of the motor and not much more.

Besides, "pretty sure" will not do. We are not there and cannot see what you are using. You must be certain, and if you want our help then you must tell us.

Check the z axis motor driver to confirm that the direction signal changes.

[ PLEASE DO NOT CROSSPOST ]

You clearly haven't spent any time reading the sticky thread about how to post a question.

1. Include links to datasheets or similar for all the hardware you mention.
  2. include your entire sketch if approriate describing what it should do and what it actually does.
  3. Don't cross post, stay in the one thread or you'll just waste peoples' time and get little help.
  4. More detail is better - without detail there probably isn't any useful reply we can make other
    than "give full details please"