zero M0 pro arduino.cc IDE

Hi,
does anyone have a recent fix for how to include the relevant info how to include the details for the stupid .org M0 pro board into the boards.txtand any other changes that need to be made.

ive installed the SAMD21 packs in studio 7, but the board still isnt available because the board.txt doesnt have the relevant info.

i can get the board to upload sketches with the .cc IDE(latest version), but really want to try the EDBG debbuging in the studio 7.

ive looked at the 2015 posts and cant get it to work, the new IDE has a different file structure than in the examples, so i guess they are no longer relevant.

I bought these boards (x3) in australia, shouldve read the fine print, hope they dont become paper weights.

Cheers

ive installed the SAMD21 packs in studio 7, but the board still isnt available because the board.txt doesnt have the relevant info.

I don't understand what you're trying to do. Studio doesn't use boards.txt...

The m0 pro and Zero should be almost identical (I think there are a couple of pins swapped?); in the worst case you should be able to lie and call them Zeros...

all i want to do is open up sketches for the Mo pro and use the onboard debugger.

i read a post on atmels knowledge base, where a guy was having the same problem, different board. And the response from the atmel bloke was if its not in the boards.txt then it wont get loaded, through the arduino plugin.

everytime i try and go and start a project, i get this error

'the project blink contains a device ATSAMD21G18A which is not supported by amtel studio, select another.'

ive loaded the modules for the chip, and still cant get anything, its only listing the controllers up to SAMD20.

has got me beat, reinstalled everything at least twice.

joeblogs:
ive looked at the 2015 posts and cant get it to work, the new IDE has a different file structure than in the examples, so i guess they are no longer relevant.

What posts? What examples? Give us some links, we shouldn't have to go searching for the information to try to help you.

joeblogs:
the response from the atmel bloke was if its not in the boards.txt then it wont get loaded, through the arduino plugin.

The plugin being Visual Micro?

joeblogs:
zero M0 pro arduino.cc IDE

Your title is confusing because this thread is about Atmel Studio, not the arduino.cc IDE, which you say is working fine for you.

Hey pert,
yep the visual micro plugin,

these are the links the first one being more pertinent.

My bad about the title, i read that if you updated the CC IDE with the relevant boards info you could use studio and debug. Ive tried the arduino.org IDE and it seems a bit sluggish, as well as ive read but not confirmed that the libraries differ a wee bit which cant be a good thing, which is why i wanted to stay with the .cc IDE for the most part and do hardware debug on the studio 7.