Zero reading data for ultrasonic sensor

I am using JSN-SR04T-2.0 Ultra sonic sensor for water level detection but i could not get the proper reading instead i got Zero reading. Is it problem with the circuit board or the Programming code

It is with the circuit, hardware or program that you have not shared with us

Thank You #UKHeliBob. I am mentioning here that in the serial monitor i got continuous Zero cm reading for the sensor data. I am very confusing weather it is a hardware or circuit Problem.

Do you think it would help if you shared the circuit, hardware and program details with us ?

my connection is :

arduino uno -----------Ultrasonic

5v 5v
2(Digital) TriggerPin
3(Digital) EchoPin
GND GND

I think i Connect the correct connection and the hardware is also all good. but the main problem is that before this happen i can get all correct reading. And I apply the voltage through a USB connection. It was happened when i tried to connect the hardwares with an external battery of 12v. due to mistake i connect the 5v of arduino with the +ve of battery instead of Vin of arduino. So after this connection all the device are not working. I tried many times but could not get it back. Is it due to short circuit or anything ?????

It was happened when i tried to connect the hardwares with an external battery of 12v. due to mistake i connect the 5v of arduino with the +ve of battery instead of Vin of arduino.

You have probably damaged your Arduino and/or sensor; get a new ones.

How about the Sensor ??? Is it also damaged???

It was happened when i tried to connect the hardwares with an external battery of 12v. due to mistake i connect the 5v of arduino with the +ve of battery instead of Vin of arduino.

Whoops

How about the Sensor ??? Is it also damaged???

Quite probably as you put 12V on its 5V pin

Yeah by mistake I put 12v in 5v. So All the devices are not working and i have change the Arduino uno board that is working finely but i got zero reading data for the sensor. so is there any way to get it back . is there any way to fix the circuit board for the sensor???

is there any way to fix the circuit board for the sensor???

It is almost certain that you could fix it but you would need to identify any damaged components, source replacements, remove the damaged items and replace them. Is it worth the effort ? What is your level of expertise with soldering ?

Please post a link to the sensor that you are using.

The problem is that when you replace one damaged component with a good one, it might die again because another damaged component will damage the new good one.

And it's more expensive to replace all components on e.g. an Uno than buying a new Chinese one.