Zeroed ouput from ITG-3200

Hello,

I bought a ITG-3200 and I using it with an Arduino Mega 2560. I followed the directions and used the code provided by Sparkfun, but all of the outputs are zeroed. Even when I disconnect the sensor, it keeps on returning zeros.

I also used I2cScanner to verify if the Arduino board recognized the device. It returned the correct address: 0x69. Therefore I am not sure what is happening here.

Not sure if relevant, but I soldered break away headers on the ITG-3200. Could there be a connectivity problem?

It is also possible that the sensor is defective. If that is the case, how do I verify it?

Thank you

Voltage converters OK?

From sparkfun:

Unless you plan to use an external clock, you need to ‘close’ this jumper by connecting the two pads with solder. If you’re following this tutorial and using the provided example code, go ahead and close the jumper.

Check your solder joints very carefully. An intermittent poor solder connection or a short between any two could explain the problem.

First of all, thanks for all the answers.

Previously, I did verify all the solder points and I closed the external clock. However, following your advice, I removed all of the solders and soldered them again. Not sure where the poor solder connection was, but now it works. Still need to calibrate it, but that's a whole other story.

Thanks for the helpful advice!