ZIO OLED display, SSD1306 and Arduino Nano 33 BLE

My project consists of an Arduino 33 BLE 33, Sparkfun Nano Qwiic shield and Sparkfun Qwiic Zio OLED display. I am using the example in the Adafruit library - ssd1306_128x32_i2c. The example verifies and saves, but when I upload it makes my Arduino USB port unrecognizable to my computer (windows10) running the online Arduino IDE. The driver gets an unknown device (device descriptor request failed). The only way to fix is reset the Arduino Nano 33 BLE.

I have used this Arduino Nano 33 BLE and Qwicc shield for other projects so I know both are functioning. I also have used the cable for other projects successfully.

Thanks for any advice on pointing me in the right direction as I'm in the dark on hot to fix this issue :wink:

I just gave it a try and had no problems running the Adafruit SSD1306 library's unmodified ssd1306_128x32_i2c example on my Nano 33 BLE and SSD1306.

I'm using Arduino nRF528x Boards (Mbed OS) 1.1.4 and Adafruit SSD1306 2.3.0. Are you using the same versions?

Did you make any modifications at all to the ssd1306_128x32_i2c example?

Thanks for the help. I did need to make changes to make is validate. In looking at the compile, there were 2 locations and it was pulling from the wrong one. I loaded an older version and it works. Thanks!

I'm glad to hear you got it working. Thanks for taking the time to post an update. Enjoy!

I found a better solution which fixed the issue a little more elegantly (I think). I downloaded the Adafruit GFX library and deleted the stuff that was conflicting and I wouldn't use for this project. I then downloaded the Adafruit SSD1306 library and then uploaded them both as custom libraries. This eliminated the confusion for the on-line Arduino IDE. Works great! Thanks for the help and the idea to look at the version which took me down the right track. Thanks again.