Zumo Robot + Arduino Wifi Shield

Hi There,

I am a bit new to Arduino.

I have added the Arduino Wifi Shield to my Zumo Robot. I want to communicate to my Zumo Robot by sending UDP Packets over wifi. I am sending UDP Packets successfully, but having the following issues:

When i switch on my Zumo Robot while it is connecting to wifi the left motor is running! Is it because the wifi shield is using the same pins?? How do i change this? When it is connected to the wifi the motor stops, and the buzzer makes a high pitched sound the whole time. Then when the wifi shield receives an udp packet the left motor does a few rotations.

How do i fix this?

Could anyone point me in the right direction please!

Here is the pin usage for the wifi shield:

And pin usage for the Zumo Robot is in this pdf page 29:

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/products/images/0-PL2504_guide.pdf

Could someone please help me in some kind of direction on this...

A quick look shows the robot uses Arduino pin 10 that is the SS pin used on the Wi-Fi shield.

10 left motor PWM control line

Riva,

Thats exactly my problem.... can i change the pin being used in the firmware or do i need to do some hotwiring on the shields to use different pins?

Thanks
Marius

Horcrux:
Riva,

Thats exactly my problem.... can i change the pin being used in the firmware or do i need to do some hotwiring on the shields to use different pins?

Thanks
Marius

You will need to hotwire and adjust the firmware
This is all very preliminary (I should be working, not on here XD) and you would be best getting others opinions but looking at the links you supplied I think you would be better off hacking the robot shield and editing it's code.
Pin 10 on the shield would need moving/changing to pin 5 as that looks like the only spare PWM pin (though it's marked as digital I/O (front expansion)). I'm not sure if moving the PWM pin will cause further problems when trying to alter the code though. Pin 7 will also need moving/changing to pin 2 as the WI-Fi shield also uses pin 7 as handshake. Once again I'm not sure how important the handshake pin is to the functioning of the Wi-Fi as I don't own one.

Could you maybe use a Bluetooth module instead of Wi-Fi if your just sending serial, it would only need two pins (0 & 1)

i found a solution to this. I found a shield called the in between shield to re-assign your pins. Easy as that:

In-Between Shield