Zyl tech CNC sheild error message

Help! Attempting to perform initial set up and testing of a multi axis CNC stepper motor shield by Zyltech. Have managed to upload the grbl library from Zyltech to my Uno as per Zyltech instructions. The test step to verify each axis one at a time with the prescribed command is failing to compile and will not upload the sketch to the Uno. I have included to grbl library in the sketch and I am supposed to send the command G1 X5 for example to test the movement of the x axis motor. The resultant error message that occurs when I attempt to compile is " 'G1' was not declared in this scope" Zyltech support has been unhelpful in explaining the meaning or cause of this error message and they don't seem to have a clue what to do about it. They suggested I try a different Uno which I did to no avail. Ready to throw all this out and forget the project. Could use some help. Thanks

Could use some details.
Thanks

What specific details would be helpful? I am a total newcomer to Arduino.

Try to imagine that I'm a total newcomer to Zyltexh CNC.

Because I am.

Now, try to imagine what details I might need.

#include <config.h>
#include <coolant_control.h>
#include <cpu_map.h>
#include <defaults.h>
#include <eeprom.h>
#include <gcode.h>
#include <grbl.h>
#include <limits.h>
#include <motion_control.h>
#include <nuts_bolts.h>
#include <planner.h>
#include <print.h>
#include <probe.h>
#include <protocol.h>
#include <report.h>
#include <serial.h>
#include <settings.h>
#include <spindle_control.h>
#include <stepper.h>
#include <system.h>

void setup() {
// put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {G1 X5
// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

Here is a copy of the sketch including the included grbl library from Zyltech. The purpose of this is only a test command to check the functionality of the stepper motor drivers. The failure occurs in the compile step and the sketch never uploads to the Uno. Is there an error in syntax on my part or is some other issue apparant? This in Windows.

void loop() {G1 X5

}

Are G1 and X5 macros defined in a header you haven't included?

Where did you get this code?

Please remember to use code tags when posting code.

G1 X5 are supposedly motion commands that are supposed to activate the x axis stepper motor driver. This is exactly what I was instructed to enter by the Zyltech support person. I kept asking him if I was supposed to define them in some sort of declarations header in the sketch somewhere. He said no but I’m not sure he is correct about this and he did not seem to be familiar with this error message. I really think there is something missing here but there documentation and instruction is marginal and I can’t get anyone on the line who seems to know what is going on here.

Isn't there any example code on a website somewhere?

NOT THAT I CAN FIND SO FAR.

allencga:
NOT THAT I CAN FIND SO FAR.

So, how did you arrive at this

#include <config.h>
#include <coolant_control.h>
#include <cpu_map.h>
#include <defaults.h>
#include <eeprom.h>
#include <gcode.h>
#include <grbl.h>
#include <limits.h>
#include <motion_control.h>
#include <nuts_bolts.h>
#include <planner.h>
#include <print.h>
#include <probe.h>
#include <protocol.h>
#include <report.h>
#include <serial.h>
#include <settings.h>
#include <spindle_control.h>
#include <stepper.h>
#include <system.h>

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {G1 X5

}

As previously indicated this is what their very own support department instructed me to enter before basically giving up on the problem when it did not work. This is from Zyltech

The OP has not studied what he is trying to do. The "G" is a CNC code to "Go" or move. The "1" is a line number for a text file. The "X" means to move the X-axis 5 positions, for whatever movement the control program is set for, ie. mm or thousands of inches.

These "G" and "M" codes are given to the PC program which will interpret them and send the appropriate command or commands to the Arduino, which will then send commands his controller board.

Do I detect clueless?

Paul

YES, CLUELESS. I NEED TO SEE INSTRUCTION IN MINUTE DETAIL AS TO WHAT THIS CODE IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE AND WHAT THINGS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DEFINED IN THE PROGRAM SETUP FIELD I'M GUESSING SO THAT THE COMPUTER WILL KNOW THE MEANING OF COMMANDS G,X, ETC AS THEY APPEAR IN THE LOOP SECTION THAT REPEATS CONTINUALLY.

ANYWAY, THE HARDWARE IS USELESS TO ME IF I CANNOT GET PAST COMPILING THE SKETCH. ARE THERE ANY EXAMPLES OF SKETCH TO SIMPLY MAKE A STEPPER MOTOR SPIN IN EITHER DIRECTION AND BE ABLE TO CONTROL THE SPEED? PERHAPS WITH A POTENTIOMETER. IT WOULD ALSO BE NICE IF THE MOTION START AND STOP COULD BE CONTROLLED BY GROUNDING OR ENERGIZING A SPECIFIC PIN ON THE ARDUINO. I JUST NEED THE MOTOR TO SPIN WHEN THE CONTROL PIN IS GROUNDED/ENERGIZED AND STOP WHEN IT IS NOT.

Please, take a deep breath.

Turn off the caps lock.

Think where you are - ask yourself "Does your browser address bar include the word "Zyltech" ? "