Can a single pin LED work as RBG?

I got LEDs from a seller on ebay, the picture shows the LED with 3 input pins (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150752750684&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_4194wt_1168), however the LEDs that I received only have one pin and the seller is telling me constantly to test it.

If it had 3 pins, I'd know how to test it, however it only has 1 and I have no idea how to make the RBG work for it (If it could... When I turn on the LED it's white, btw).

If the seller is so certain it works, how would I get it to work?

Send him a picture showing the lack of pins.
I would say the wrong part was delivered.

You can't make any circuit with just one pin so it is impossible to test.
Some RGB LEDs have two pins, those cycle through colours automatically.

Take a picture of it, and message him about it.

If he refuses to correct the issue, contact eBay support within 12 days of receipt of the item.
Your item is protected under eBay Buyer Protection.

Well.. The funny thing is, I sent a photo of an LED with 1 input pin as an example of what was delivered. However, this seller is super ignorant and keeps telling me to test it.

Maybe it's a bi-color LED (red/green - quickly alternate for yellow/orange)? Still, sounds like the wrong part was delivered...

Just contact ebay support dude. If he's bein a dick, then just shove it back in his face.

nate890:
Well.. The funny thing is, I sent a photo of an LED with 1 input pin as an example of what was delivered. However, this seller is super ignorant and keeps telling me to test it.

Can you show us that picture ? i'd like to see an 1-pin LED :slight_smile:

I'm guessing it has two pins, and by 1 pin the OP means 1 input, 1 ground (aka 1 anode, 1cathode)

The title and description say: "Triple Pin LED"
Clearly that is not what you recieved, therefore you should open a dispute through ebay as the item is not as described.

In My eBay, go to the "Purchase History" tab, find the item in your history, and next to it is a drop down for 'more actions'. In that menu there is 'resolve a problem'.

Yeah, if that is the case, it's probably a two-pin RGB LED that changes colour by itself.

// Per.