2 RGB LEDs in Parallel HELP

Sorry, figure this is a pretty noob question but I gotta start somewhere. I'm trying to hook up 2 RGB LEDs in parallel and I'm wondering if this set-up will work. I'm planning on using 330 resistors with an Arduino Uno Rev3.

I haven't run into any issues as of yet but I'm pretty new to the whole electronics side. If anyone knows if I'm setting this up wrong or sees any serious issues, could you please let me know.

Thanks a ton in advance!

The red leds will draw the most current. They could have a forward voltage of 1.8V, so the current will be ( 5.0-1.8 )/330=9.6mA. Two of them in parallel is still less than 20mA, so the Arduino pin will be ok. The green and blue leds will have higher forward voltages and so lower currents.

These LEDs can take twice the current you are giving them. So the two leds together are only as bright as one led could be of you lowered the resistors. But don't be tempted to lower the resistors and keep both LEDs connected for a long period. That would draw almost 40mA from an Arduino pin. This would not damage the pin in the short term, but would probably reduce its life in the long term.

To get a colour that looks something close to white from the LEDs, you need different resistors on the red leds compared to the green and blue. With the same resistors, they will look pink when they are supposed to be white. Try 180R on green and blue with 330R on red.

Did you try it with one LED first?

I didn't "carefully analyze" your circuit but it looks good. (I don't know if you have a common-cathode or common-anode LEDs, and I don't know the pin-out, but if it lights-up you're good!)

6 resistors is correct and with 330 Ohms you're within the safe-current limits, even with both LEDs connected.

"To get a colour that looks something close to white from the LEDs, you need different resistors on the red leds compared to the green and blue. With the same resistors, they will look pink when they are supposed to be white. Try 180R on green and blue with 330R on red."

Thanks! Your explanation was super helpful (at least what I could understand). I'll switch out those resistors and give it a try.

"Did you try it with one LED first?
I didn't "carefully analyze" your circuit but it looks good. (I don't know if you have a common-cathode or common-anode LEDs, and I don't know the pin-out, but if it lights-up you're good!)
6 resistors is correct and with 330 Ohms you're within the safe-current limits, even with both LEDs connected."

I did try it with one LED before, just haven't set it up with 2 yet. Sorry, I should have mentioned the LEDs were common-cathode.

Thank you for the feedback!