7 segment display high current

Hi guys.

I know Theres alot of topics around this subject, but didnt find any that match my project.

So I really hope someone in here can help me with a good solution.

I'm building an 5 digits display with poosled P12 segments (each segment is 12V 200ma)
Each digit will proberly draw 1400ma.
At the end there will be 2 displays showing the same (double sided display) but I think it's better to keep the the power separated and only share the control signals?

I got a SCADA system running with a modbus RTU protocol that's work fine with arduino. So my concern now is "only" how to build the control and power.
Should I go the multiplex way or maybe use a 4511 latching, Or ?

Powering by some darlington arrays or single transistor?

So guys which method will fit this setup best? I rather pay more for a solution with an easy setup than one with hundreds of components...

Br
Kasper

I have no idea what "poosled P12 segments" are, but if you want to drive 200 mA at 12V and are using common anode displays or ones that can be configured as common anode, you are best off using TPIC6C595 shift registers, one for each digit with no multiplexing - and therefore maximum brightness and no requirement for continuous update - but these can be chained to be controlled by just three pins on the Arduino.