9V battery input into Arduino Uno

Hey guys,
Just a quick question on supplying a 9V battery as the independent external DC input powering the Arduino Uno. If i connect a wire from the "5V power" on the board to a servo, does that mean the servo will be supplied with only 5V(which i want)? or will it be supplied 9V(which i dont want)?

It will be powered by 5V.

It will be 5V, but it's not recommended. Servos can have high instantaneous current peaks (especially when they stall or start up) and that can lead to intermittent resets of your Arduino. It's probably fine for experimentation and light duty but if you're going to get serious you should power your servos separately.

--
The Gadget Shield: accelerometer, RGB LED, IR transmit/receive, speaker, microphone, light sensor, potentiometer, pushbuttons

Those small 9vdc batteries just do not have enough current capacity to power external components very well at all. They also are very expensive for the mah value they supply. They look cute but really are not a viable external power option for most any practical application.

Lefty

thanx guyz for ur help, i'll power it through separately