About xBee Series 2B

Hi to all. I will start a project with xBee's, GPS module's and Arduino's. My project design goal is: - There are 5 xBee modules that are as TXs, and 1 xBee module as RX. - Each TX will transmit an GPS coordinates to RX. My questions are: - Is this system possible? - How can I configure multiple transmitters and one receiver xBee? - Each TX and RX must be connected one by one at a time. How can I configure that firstly the node 1 should sent to rx, then node 2 and so on. Or is this necessary or xBee's can handle it by hardware. - I don't need to talk the nodes talks each other. Just one by one between TX and RX. - My last and a absolutely necessary question is that, in each transmission, I could read the RSSI value from RX that corresponds of the each node. RX will be plugged to computer to store data. In other words, I want to record the data as: Node 1, GPS coordinates, RSSI value Node 2, GPS coordinates, RSSI value Node 3, GPS coordinates, RSSI value Node 4, GPS coordinates, RSSI value Node 5, GPS coordinates, RSSI value I will have series 2 xBees (because of 1 mile range) Thanks for your answers from now on. Have a great day. Best regards...

Is this system possible?

Yes.

How can I configure multiple transmitters and one receiver xBee?

Using X-CTU. The receiver is the coordinator. The others are routers.

How can I configure that firstly the node 1 should sent to rx, then node 2 and so on.

You can't. But, consider that the coordinator can say "Hey, unit 1 here are you?", and, when it gets a response, or determines that it is not going to get one, it can then say "Hey, unit 2 here are you?", and so on.

Or is this necessary or xBee's can handle it by hardware.

As long as the total talk time is less than half the total time available, they could.

Only one message will get through, but the others will try to send again and again, until they get through.

My last and a absolutely necessary question is that, in each transmission, I could read the RSSI value from RX that corresponds of the each node.

Yes, but that information is nearly useless. If it an order of magnitude like real close, not breathing down my neck, kind of far, and too far.