accessing ESP Serial data in web server

i am using ESP 8266 12E module with arduino nano and i wanted to send the serial data from the ESP 8266 to be displayed on the web server.i tried the example code of turning LED ON/OFF with web sever and its working fine.But Don't have any idea of how to see the serial data in web server.if anyone know how to do this or how to save serial data in PC using esp8266 guide me in the right direction.

Thanks

genecurious: i am using ESP 8266 12E module with arduino nano and i wanted to send the serial data from the ESP 8266 to be displayed on the web server.i tried the example code of turning LED ON/OFF with web sever and its working fine.But Don't have any idea of how to see the serial data in web server.if anyone know how to do this or how to save serial data in PC using esp8266 guide me in the right direction.

Thanks

You can make an HTTP GET request of your HTTP server with your Serial data encoded in the URI and save it to a file or database on your HTTP server.

This is an example HTTP request for the ESP32 using the Arduino IDE. I believe you can use the same libraries if you have the ESP8266 installed on your Arduino IDE, but I haven't been using my 8266's lately so I am not positive. Regardless, it is the same concept.

If you are referring to using the ESP8266 as your web server, you can save the Serial data to a variable or in SPIFFS (SPI Flash File System) and display it at a later time when you make a request of your web server.

hey,

Thanks for the reply.Now i am able to see the serial data in server but every time client send request to the server the serial data is updated and old data is vanished so i need to save it in esp file system or directly to file in pc.i will go through the links you provided and see if it works for me.

Thanks.