Add computer to a windows domain

Hello,

I have successfully used the arduino's to rollout over 4000 chromebooks!! i am looking at using them to assist in the deployment of a windows domain. Anyone have a sample program that I could modify?

mleathers:
I have successfully used the arduino's to rollout over 4000 chromebooks!! i am looking at using them to assist in the deployment of a windows domain. Anyone have a sample program that I could modify?

What on earth is that about?

What were the Arduinos doing with the chromebooks? Post the Arduino program.

...R

The Program is not mine to post, but here is a link to the organization. Any thoughts on my request?

We are still trying to figure out what you're requesting. Rhw text of your original post on this thread doesn't really make any sense. It seriously lacks context.

mleathers:
The Program is not mine to post,

That suggests that it is a commercial product in which case it is not reasonable to be expecting free help with it.

...R

I'm also curious to know what role an Arduino had in the mass roll-out of Chromebooks.

Anyway, I am reasonably sure that there is no role for the Arduino in getting a client to join a Windows domain. As far as I know, you have to start by deploying a script on the target device which runs with enhanced privileges or load certificates onto it.

mleathers:
Hello,

It looks like you already have such a program that you can modify, at the moment it works for chrombooks, now you need to modify it for windows devices.

Other than that, I also have no idea what you are talking about.

I am in an educational environment with a limited staff (4) supporting 10,000 students, we use whatever shortcuts we can. I used the Arduino's micro USB interface, to register the Chromebooks within our google domain. There is a process that Google has you go through when you first turn the Chromebook on to set it up to work on your google domain. I used the Arduino to do the keystrokes necessary to add the wireless network and enroll the Chromebook in the domain. I am now moving on to the next project which is rolling out a new windows domain, where none existed before. I have over 2000 Windows 7 and Windows 10 PCs that will need to be added to this domain. I was looking for someone who had already used the Arduinos for this task. Yes, I can modify the Chromebook program myself. I was just looking for another shortcut.

So you're using an Arduino to automate keystrokes? Why didn't you say so. The program would be exactly the same. Simulating keystrokes is simulating keystrokes no matter where they're going. You just need to look at what keystrokes you need to send and that's not really an Arduino question it's a windows question.

mleathers:
I am now moving on to the next project which is rolling out a new windows domain, where none existed before. I have over 2000 Windows 7 and Windows 10 PCs that will need to be added to this domain. I was looking for someone who had already used the Arduinos for this task.

Never heard of anyone using Arduinos for building Windows PCs, but I have only worked in the Windows environment since the early 90s.

Whats the problem with using the normal (and supported) Windows scripting tools, like what most people use ?

OK. If you are managing 2000 Windows clients, then enrolling these in a Windows domain is only one of a number of problems you are going to face.
At some point you’ll want to define a minimum standard package set and security configuration for these devices and have a means of keeping these up to date. Microsoft’s standard solution is SCCM. Depending on your requirements, a less heavyweight “asset management” solution may be more appropriate.

If you really want to do the minimum with an Arduino Micro as a keyboard emulator, then get it to type in a power shell script, maybe with an embedded password, store it, and execute it.