analogReadResolution

dear friend ,

void setup() { // open a serial connection Serial.begin(9600); }

void loop() { // read the input on A0 at default resolution (10 bits) // and send it out the serial connection analogReadResolution(10); Serial.print("ADC 10-bit (default) : "); Serial.print(analogRead(A0));

// change the resolution to 12 bits and read A0 analogReadResolution(12); Serial.print(", 12-bit : "); Serial.print(analogRead(A0));

// change the resolution to 16 bits and read A0 analogReadResolution(16); Serial.print(", 16-bit : "); Serial.print(analogRead(A0));

// change the resolution to 8 bits and read A0 analogReadResolution(8); Serial.print(", 8-bit : "); Serial.println(analogRead(A0));

// a little delay to not hog serial monitor delay(100); }

this code is not working. how i learn analogReadResolution function. i need good reason for this one.

and then how i get bit value 2^n . may be i need long bits through 16bit

this code is not working.

Yes it is. It might not be doing what you want but it is working.

See:- http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/AnalogReadResolution

It says:- analogReadResolution() is an extension of the Analog API for the Arduino Due.

So are you using a Due?

It says:- If you set the analogReadResolution() value to a value higher than your board's capabilities, the Arduino will only report back at its highest resolution padding the extra bits with zeros.

For example: using the Due with analogReadResolution(16) will give you an approximated 16-bit number with the first 12 bits containing the real ADC reading and the last 4 bits padded with zeros.

Hi, How is it not working? Have you put a constant voltage on A0? Have you got the Serial Monitor set on 9600?

Tom..... :) And you are using a Due?