AnalogReadSerial- Rotation Sensor Values Incorrect on Due

Hi all,

First post here, very excited to get into this community! I'm a fairly experienced builder with analog circuits, but this is my first go at programming and Arduino so any help would be awesome.

So I have a brand new Due board, and the 27 pcs Sensor Set. I'm attempting to just get started with the Analog Read Serial Basics example, but the rotation sensor/potentiometer is only showing values from 0-15 in the IDE Serial Monitor. And this change happens in the first 1/8th of a turn on the potentiometer.
I'm using Dupont male to male jumpers directly to board from the provided connectors into the sensor, the middle pin is connected to A0, the outer pins are connected to the 5V and the GND as instructed, I've also tried it with the 3.3V just in case. Here's what I've done to troubleshoot:

I've jumped from A0 to the GND and the serial monitor reads 0
I've jumped from A0 to the 5V and the serial monitor reads 1023
When I run power from the 3.3V instead, the values read around 1015 when the sensor is at 0, and then quickly goes up to 1023 after an 1/8th or so of a turn

I've been trying to do some research on this but I'm not finding anything other than that the sensor might be broken, given that i've done everything according to the Example and that the code seems to be solid. But I am also a beginner so I might be mistaken.

Any help is appreciated! I can post pictures but this set up is so simple I didn't think it would help.

Thanks,
Ryan

From*: *Arduino Due | Arduino Official Store

Warning: Unlike most Arduino boards, the Arduino Due board runs at 3.3V. The maximum voltage that the I/O pins can tolerate is 3.3V. Applying voltages higher than 3.3V to any I/O pin could damage the board

Well I guess that makes me an idiot, but I don't understand why there would be a 5V pin if I can't use it. I also tested with another sensor and it worked fine, but you think my board is damaged already?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.