Android Application for Arduino

Hi,

I am new to this and I'm doing this for my final year project. What I have is Android, Arduino Uno, Xbee Wi-Fi Shield, and XBee Wi-Fi Module. All I want is how to code in Android and Arduino. I understand that in X-CTU software, there are XBee Ip Address and Wi-Fi protocols(UDP/TCP). I tried to modify others work but not working. Can someone please help me. I just need to turn on and off the LED. I just need the start.

Thanks!

I don't believe there is an XBee WiFi shield, but there are a couple of dozen XBee shields. Which do you have?

Hi,

This is the Shield I Have

4855.jpg

Ok, that's just a regular XBee, but mounts various modules. I should have already asked
-- which Xbee wifi module do you have? There are several.

FYI, you really need to learn to provide "specific" info when starting a thread, then it all goes a lot faster than trying to pull one tooth at a time, ;-).

Also, to start with, forget about android. Just try to get the thing working with your PC, eg doing UDP transfers.

Hi,

This is the module I have. Can u provide me a tutorial for this problem I’m having?

7354.jpg

I did a google search, and Cytron comes up right on top of the list.

The FIRST thing you need to know is to not make the same mistake as about 95% of other people make. Namely, you can not connect both the XBee module to the Arduino UNO Rx,Tx pins at the same time as trying to connect to the PC USB port. The signals will conflict.

This is a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR PITN with UNO boards, as the 328 chip has only a single UART. Some people try to use SoftSerial, but it doesn't work worth diddly-poo for me. Otherwise, you're stuck with disconnecting the XBee module when connecting the USB port and vice versa.

This would all go about 100X quicker and easier if you used a Mega2560 board.

Hi,

Thanks! I know how to configure the device and set it up. The problem is the “coding” part. how do I write a program from my PC to communicate with Arduino+XBee?

Will the Arduino be connecting to the PC as a client, with the PC acting as a server?