Arduino due and ACS723-40AU- mapping code

Hi I currently read the amps
of ACS 723 -40A, with the following code amp_1 = map (analogRead (A0), 512,1023,0,625); using with arduino nano, this code returns from ACS me 2.5v at 0 Amp and 4.5v-5v at max 40A.
Now I hope to use the map function with auduino due, but on the ports it accepts max to 3.3v, so I can't read all the power up to 40A.
I ask if there the possibility of modify this using new code function on arduino due reading all from zero Ampere to 40 Ampere power max.
thank you,
Jacob

The ACS723 is a 5volt only ratiometric sensor, and will not work well with 3.3volt processors.
The chip and the board are also not safe to use with mains voltage, in case you were thinking of doing so.
Leo..

Thanks Leo, maybe I could use ACS756 which can be powered also 3.3v, maybe I have to change the parameters of the MAP command?
Ciao.
Jacob

What are you measuring.
Are you sure a hall sensor is the right answer.
Leo..

Hello thanks , I have a power amplifier ( amateur radio). this equipment have RF output 1Kw, I have one LCD display that show from ACS the
used ampere.
Jacob

Arduino Logo

Confirm your subscription to the Arduino Newsletter

We will be happy to keep you updated with Arduino news and creative projects!

To confirm your subscription, just click on the confirmation link below.

YES, SIGN ME UP

If you didn't ask to subscribe to the Arduino Newsletter, simply ignore this email, you won't be subscribed.

If you have any questions about it and how we collect and use this information, please check our Privacy Policy.

FOLLOW US

Facebook Twitter YouTube LinkedIn Instagram

Arduino SRL

Via Agostino da Montefeltro 2

10134 Turin, Italy

Ok I'll do as you say thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.