arduino duemilanove problem.

Hi all. My first post after long time.

Can anyone help me on an issue with the duemilanove and guide me to solve the issue as I have been trying without success.

As I said I have an arduino duemilanove which I am trying to send a bootloader so I can flash my speed controllers but a problem is coming up.

This is my problem message avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

I done good resarch but ended up without success. Usb cable and drivers are good.

What I have noticed is when I upload a sketch using Ide 0022 the message doesnt come uo but when I use the IDE 1.0.5 the message come up.

Anyone canpoint me in the right direction? Heard of capacitor with reset tabs but not sure what to do!

I appreciate a lot if someone can help.

Thanks
Jason

I am trying to send a bootloader

This requires an AVR ISP Programmer.
Try Nick Gammon's Arduino as ISP method if you don't have a standalone AVR Programmer.

CrossRoads:

I am trying to send a bootloader

This requires an AVR ISP Programmer.
Try Nick Gammon's Arduino as ISP method if you don't have a standalone AVR Programmer.
Gammon Forum : Electronics : Microprocessors : Atmega bootloader programmer

What you mean? I've seen methodes flashing the speed controllers using arduino.

Exactli like this below

Ah, so what you are trying to do is use the Duemilanove as a programmer for the ESCs.
NOT trying to put a bootloader into the Duemilanove.

I didn't watch the whole video; just enough to see that MOSI, MISO, and Gnd from the Duemilanove are being conneced to the ESC.

If you are trying to download a sketch into the Duemilanove and you are getting that error:
try the Loopback test to see that your USB interface is working, you may need to install the FTDTI drivers (altho they would seem to be in place already if -0022 is working);
then try loading a simple sketch like Blink to that the '328P is working properly.

Yes you are right. When I send blink fromm 0022 everything works as it should but when I use the latest IDE 1.0.5 I get the error message. I dont know what is the difference between the 2 IDE's? Something very strange which I cant rectify. Maybe your help will be a miracle :slight_smile:

Happy christmas :slight_smile:

Anyone experienced this problem?

Pls help.

Jason

Can someone help me?

Pls I need help regarding this matter and I am stuck. Can someone help?

I don't know what to offer. I have 1.0.5 on a Win7Pro laptop. I just bootloaded my Duemilanove with Uno bootloader (had to put a chip in first, it had been pulled for some other project apparently) using Atmel AVR ISP MKii.
After the bootloader, I loaded the blink sketch.
So: maybe you have an FTDI driver problem, try rolling back to an earlier version. Mine is using 2.8.30.0
Or, your bootloader is running 1 speed, and the PC is expecting a different speed. Re-bootload, select Uno as board type, and use Uno as board type for sketch downloads.