Arduino geared motor+wheels ???!!!

Hi

I was looking to buy some dc motors for my self balancing robot and I found out about the
arduino geared motor + wheels.

As i saw from many sellers they have :

Some sellers even write that they have 0.8gr/cm of torque ..etc

My question is :
What are the actual info for that geared motor max Voltage, max amp, max torque..etc
and what is the actual torque with that D:66mm wheels.

I wanna calculate the actual mass they can hold and move because it's very important for me
and my balancing robot, I wanna know how much weight I can put on my Balancing robot.

That's all i think.

the arduino geared motor + wheels.

What is there that is "Arduino" about this item?

Domino60:
What are the actual info for that geared motor max Voltage, max amp, max torque..etc
and what is the actual torque with that D:66mm wheels.

You seem to be the person with the info ...
I suspect there isn't any more.

I have some motors that look like those - without wheels. I've never tried them. Very crude guess is that each wheel could support 500 grams (with the emphasis on crude and guess).

Mine were cheap enough for suck-it-and-see. Just never got around to it.

...R

Robin2

about the torque they say it’s 800grams/cm that means if the actually wheel is 66mm
800gr : 6.6cm = 121 grams torque ?

2motors * 121 grams = 242 grams of torque. Not sure is that’s the right calculation but if the actual motors
produce 242 grams of torque with 66mm wheels and the mass of the balancing robot is higher than, that means the gravitational force and the “push” force <—||—> with that calculations will reduce the actual angle that the robot can be pushed and will fall down because the motors will not have enough torque to
hold the robot.

I wanna finish this project soon as possible but I have a fear about the geared motors because they may be not so powerful “and rpm”, is there anyone that tested that motors or can someone give me an advice about what kind of motors to pick for a self balancing robot with a approx. mass of 1kg~2kg.

I wanna finish this project soon as possible but I have a fear about the geared motors because they may be not so powerful "and rpm", is there anyone that tested that motors or can someone give me an advice about what kind of motors to pick for a self balancing robot with a approx. mass of 1kg~2kg.

Why don't you just try the motors instead of trying to analyze them? Also, many balancing bots have been made, so why don't you use motors that have been proven successful in previous projects?

AWOL:
What is there that is "Arduino" about this item?

you can use then while programming an Arduino
you can put them on a robot while thinking about an Arduino
you can have them move a rotary with your coffee so you do not have to get up, that way you can spend more time talking about an Arduino.
there you go, three "Arduino's" to go with those wheels.

dave-in-nj:
you can use then while programming an Arduino
you can put them on a robot while thinking about an Arduino
you can have them move a rotary with your coffee so you do not have to get up, that way you can spend more time talking about an Arduino.
there you go, three "Arduino's" to go with those wheels.

Ah, but that would be true of an Arduino wheel, but from the OP, these are the Arduino wheel.
The definite article.

Domino60:
about the torque they say it's 800grams/cm that means if the actually wheel is 66mm
800gr : 6.6cm = 121 grams torque ?

Things may not be as bad as you think. The 800gm-cm is a radius measurement and the 66mm is a diameter. The correct calculation is 800 / 3.3

I think you have two simple options. Try these motors. Try more powerful motors.

AFAIK no 2-wheeled self-balancing thing can lift itself from the horizontal so the weight of the device is not that critical.

Get as much as possible of the mass below the axle.

Have you seen this?

...R

Robin2

Yea about the diameter and radius was my mistake :smiley: true, you actually take the radius from the center of the wheel (but not the diameter). So it's 800grams / 3.3cm = 242 * 2 = 484 grams so getting the most of the mass bellow or center of the wheel will reduce and increase in the same time the stability of the robot as a real segway.

Get as much as possible of the mass below the axle.

I took that motors so I'm gonna test them soon as (get them in my hand) possible.

Very late on this but yes it is possible to build a self balancing robot using these geared motor-wheel unit - just. I used an Arduino 101 with it’s inbuilt gyros to control it but don’t have the code anymore. I put it together one night to test it. I would suggest if you want something that never falls over to use something a little more powerful

There’s a video of it running on Youtube: https://youtu.be/edPUT2nTulA