Arduino GSM sheild Shuts Down on its own

hello all, I am using the arduino GSM shield 2 (Quectel M10 module) I am using it as a gateway so it has to be running 24/7 receiving or transmitting sms messages, it works fine for a while but for some reason it switches off randomly sometimes (once a week and sometimes a couple times a day). Does this happen to anyone else ?

hello all,
I am using the arduino GSM shield 2 (Quectel M10 module) I am using it as a gateway so it has to be running 24/7 receiving or transmitting sms messages, it works fine for a while but for some reason it switches off randomly sometimes (once a week and sometimes a couple times a day). Does this happen to anyone else ?

Yes, it happens to a few people. For completely different reasons. How is it powered? Please post your entire sketch, in code tags.

You've not given much to go on, but my initial suspicion is that you are using Strings rather than c-strings. Second guess is that you are writing past the end of an array...

I am writing char string from an atme AVR to it, could that possibly cause it to behave like that ?

void send_SMS(char *text1, char *text2, char *text3, char *text4,char *text5, char *text6, char *text7, char *text8, char *text9)
{
	usart_transmit("AT+CMGS=\"");
	usart_transmit("3433339487\"");
	usart_transmit("\r");
	delay_ms(100);

usart_transmit(text1);
 	usart_transmit(" ");
	usart_transmit(text2);
	usart_transmit(" ");
	usart_transmit(text3);
	usart_transmit(" ");
	usart_transmit(text4);
	usart_transmit(",");
	usart_transmit(text5);
	usart_transmit(" ");
	usart_transmit(text6);
	usart_transmit(",");
	usart_transmit(text7);
	usart_transmit(" ");
	usart_transmit(text8);
	usart_transmit(",");
	usart_transmit(text9);
	usart_transmit("\r");
	delay_ms(100);

usart_transmit("\x1a");
}

void usart_transmit(char *gsm_cmds)
{
	while(*gsm_cmds)
	{
		usart_putchar(&USARTA1,*gsm_cmds++);
	}
}

this is the function that I am using for now.

Well I have 2 designs, one is the arduino GSM sheild and the other is one that I designed following the Quectel datasheets. They both have the issue (work fine for a while then suddenly and randomly shut down, then you have to turn it on again). Could you give me some examples of why it may do that ?

M10 scehamtics.pdf (41.7 KB)

SNAF_M95.pdf (237 KB)

@hani_N, do not cross-post. Threads merged.

Attempt #2... Please post your entire sketch, in code tags.

I'm not sure how, All I can see is attachments and options.

hani_N:
I'm not sure how, All I can see is attachments and options.