Arduino IDE Ver 2 beta 11, Undeclared Identifier

Hello,
I just installed version 2 IDE beta 11 and testing with the Blink example, when I set the board to black pill STM32F11CE, function parameter for pinMode( PC13 , OUTPUT); the parameters PC13 , OUTPUT are underscored in Red indicating that they are Undeclared Identifier.

The program builds , uploads and runs just fine so I am wondering what is going on as the libraries are indicated as install as have been by version 1.18.16 and seem to be correctly install for version 2 IDE

However when I set the board to Arduino NANO parameters BUILTLED and OUTPUT are NOT Red underscored.

Is this a beta thing or have i missed something please?

imk

There are some known problems with the Arduino Language Server that is used to provide this capability, which are documented in the bug tracker. Hopefully the IDE developers will manage to improve the reliability of this feature at least to the point where it becomes more useful. At the moment it's mostly more trouble than it's worth.

For now, you'll need to just ignore these spurious results from the language server. As long as the sketch compiles correctly, you have nothing to worry about.

As you might expect from any beta software, there are some rough edges. If you want a stable experience from the IDE, please use Arduino IDE 1.8.15. The beta Arduino IDE 2.x is not appropriate for normal use at this stage in its development. But if you're interested in helping with the development work on the new Arduino IDE by testing and providing feedback, that is very much welcome. Arduino made it public in its current state to offer the community the opportunity to participate in the work on what will become a cornerstone of the Arduino ecosystem in the years to come.

Ya pretty much expected it was a work in progress feature.
But many thanks for the heads up to The Bug Tracker, a most useful link
Am going to use Version 2 as much as i can now as it is usable and can only get better.
Also I am going to try and figure out the debugger, wish me luck.

On the plus side, i have only been Arduino IDE'ing for a short while as been using the ST and XPLab IDE. I must say I find this Arduino IDE very refreshing as it does not get in the way of my thinking like the BIG IDE's tend to do.
Thanks again!

I saw your forum topic about that. I am going to reply over there now.

I have exactly the same opinion about the classic Arduino IDE. I haven't quite gotten there with Arduino IDE 2.x yet because I use it as a beta tester and thus I am constantly on the lookout for problems, and then dive way, way down a rabbit hole each time I think I have spotted one. So I am not able to focus my attention on actually making things in it yet.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.