Arduino IDE version 2.0.3 has issues

I've noticed that despite the new features, this IDE is unstable, the cursor tends to move around and the serial monitor does not come up when I click on the Icon. Otherwise I like the
new features like Intelligence.(i.e if I hold the mouse pointer over a variable it shows what
type the variable is.

Hi @jpfeffer57. Thanks for your feedback.

It sounds like it might be this bug:

I'll provide instructions for the simple workaround that was discovered by an Arduino forum member:

1. Press the Ctrl+Shift+P keyboard shortcut (Command+Shift+P for macOS users) to open the "Command Palette".
  2. Select the "Preferences: Open Settings (UI)" command from the menu.
  3. A "Preferences" tab will now open in the Arduino IDE main panel. In the "Search Settings" field, type editor.trimAutoWhitespace
  4. Uncheck the box next to " Remove trailing auto inserted whitespace."
  5. Close the Preferences tab by clicking its X icon.

Note the search query must be editor.trimAutoWhitespace, not files.trimAutoWhitespace as I specified in my previous incorrect instructions.

Please let me know if you have any questions or problems while following those instructions.

It is possible you are not looking in the right place for it. Unlike Arduino IDE 1.x, the Serial Monitor is currently integrated into the primary Arduino IDE as a tab in the bottom panel.

This difference is highlighted in a dedicated tutorial:

as illustrated by this diagram:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.