Arduino not bootloading

I'm having trouble getting a Roboduino board to bootload. I had been sucessfully using it for a while, but now it just seems like it isn't working.

All chips have been tested to be in fully working condition using code writtin in AVR Studio 4 and downloaded with an AVR ISP MKII.

I have tried the bootloader in hardware/bootloaders section. They get flashed sucessfully using AVR studio 4 with the AVR ISP MKII. However when I press the reset button the led on pin 13 does not blink.

I tried using a 328 using the 328 bootloader in hardware/bootloader, doesnt blink either when reset is pushed.

With both chips I try to upload in Arduino (correct com port is chosen and correct board), I get this error:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

So now I try the built-in function to flash the bootloader with the MKII. I click burn bootloader for the MKII and I get this instantly:

avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"

What could be going on here? I'm using Arduino 15

What version of AVR Studio are you using to burn the bootloader?

I am using 4.16.628

Hi,

Did you found a solution allready?

I have just lit off my 2009 Arduino for the first time and when I get to the upload of the trial sketch "blink" i get the same message as you have displayed as to protocol error. Pin 13 and the onboard led are blinking but not at once per second. I am too new to this to know what is happening. Any suggestions would be appreciated .