ARDUINO STEPPER MOTOR DRIVER SHIELD PROGRAMMING

Hey guys!

I’m new on arduino stuff and I just bought my Arduino Uno, a stepper motor (bipolar) and an arduino dual stepper motor driver shield.

I want to use the example file " Stepper Motor Control - one revolution" but I have some troubles to find the right pins. I’ve connected my stepper motor on my Arduino dual Stepper motor driver to the inputs x01a, x02a, x01b, x02b and I really don’t know what’s the digital pins it refers to?

I know it might be a noob question but I’m a beginner… The example given by iTead studio works well but not the example file (which is more understandable) :slight_smile:

What I want to know is which pins do I have to type on the example file to make my stepper motor turns. I know it can’t be x01a, x02a, x01b, x02b… and when I try to put the input given in the description it doesen’t work well (using 2,3,4,5 instead of 8,9,10,11 in the example file)

Pin Description
D0 UART_Rx
D1 UART_Tx
D2 X Step
D3 X Direction
D4 X MS1 setting
D5 X MS2 setting
D6 Y Step
D7 Y Direction
D8 Y MS1 setting
D9 Y MS2 setting
D10 -
D11 -
D12 -
D13 -
A0 ENY
A1 SLEEPY
A2 ENX
A3 SLEEPX
A4 IIC_SCL
A5 IIC_SDA

Hope you can help me guys!

I just bought my Arduino Uno, a stepper motor (bipolar) and an arduino dual stepper motor driver shield.

Please provide a link to the shield so we can look at the data for it.

I want to use the example file " Stepper Motor Control - one revolution"

Again post a link.

Please do not assume that we all know what you know.

The Thread stepper motor basics may be useful and also this simple stepper test code.

And please post the links requested by @Grumpy_Mike

...R