arduino uno powers up but cannot reset

as topic , i was able to power up the arduino and it lights up both green and orange in colour but when i pressed reset button , the orange light did not blink and reset by itself , is it an posibility of a faulty board? thanks

in additon when i try to upload a blink code to that arduino board it shows the error message

"avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00"

as topic , i was able to power up the arduino and it lights up both green and orange in colour but when i pressed reset button , the orange light did not blink and reset by itself , is it an posibility of a faulty board? thanks

in additon when i try to upload a blink code to that arduino board it shows the error message

"avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00"

is it an posibility of a faulty board?

Yes. What did you do to your poor Arduino to make it so unhappy?

hmm i uploaded my second code into the board and thats when i realize the arduino is not resetting.

previously i had no problem with it.....

(deleted)

What sort of Arduino is it? Have you switched the Arduino and host computer off and tried starting everything from scratch? Have you also verified that you have the correct serial port and board type selected in the IDE? The Help / Troubleshooting command will take you to lots of advice you should follow before concluding that your board is broken.

Hello,

how did you connect the arduino board to your computer? In the arduino IDE did you select the right board and the right serial port (in the tools menue)? Which operating system do you have?

Elektrix

Where did you buy it?

Please do not cross post!