Arduino Uno Rev 2

I’m trying to do my first sketch with WiFi. I bought an Uno Rev 2 from Banggood. I tried to load a sketch from Eli the Computer guy that reads temp over the network. At first I did not have the WiFiNINA.h library and I had to try to find it. I think I have successfully loaded the zip file into the IDE. I then had to load the Rev 2 board into the IDE. Well, it compiled successfully but when I try to upload it I get the following message. I hope I’m including the error message correctly. I apologize if I’m not.

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows Store 1.8.42.0) (Windows 10), Board:
"Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2, ATMEGA328"
Sketch uses 9577
bytes (19%) of program storage space. Maximum is 48640 bytes.
Global variables use
405 bytes (6%) of dynamic memory, leaving 5739 bytes for local
variables. Maximum is 6144 bytes.
avrdude:
usbhid_open(): No device found
avrdude:
jtag3_open_common(): Did not find any device matching VID 0x03eb and
PID list: 0x2145
An error occurred
while uploading the sketch
This report would
have more information with

"Show verbose
output during compilation"

option enabled in
File -> Preferences.
#include <SPI.h>
#include <WiFiNINA.h>

char ssid[] = "vvvvvvvvvv";
char pass[] = "xxxxxxxxxx";

int status = WL_IDLE_STATUS;

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);

while (status != WL_CONNECTED) {
    Serial.print("Attempting to connect to Network named: ");
    Serial.println(ssid);
    status = WiFi.begin(ssid, pass);
    delay(10000);
  }

String ssid = WiFi.SSID();
  IPAddress ip  =  WiFi.localIP();
  IPAddress subnet = WiFi.subnetMask();
  IPAddress gateway = WiFi.gatewayIP();

byte mac[6];
  WiFi.macAddress(mac);

String macAddress = String(mac[5], HEX) + (":") +
                      String(mac[4], HEX) + (":") + String(mac[3], HEX) + (":") +
                      String(mac[2], HEX) + (":") + String(mac[2], HEX) + (":") +
                      String(mac[1], HEX) + (":") + String(mac[0], HEX);

Serial.print("SSID: ");
  Serial.println(ssid);

Serial.print("IP: ");
  Serial.println(ip);

Serial.print("Subnet: ");
  Serial.println(subnet);

Serial.print("Gateway: ");
  Serial.println(gateway);

Serial.print("MAC: ");
  Serial.println(macAddress);

}

void loop() {

}

StAugustine:
I bought an Uno Rev 2 from Banggood.

Please post a link to the product listing on Banggood.

Banggood only sells Chinese clone and derivative Arduino boards and I've never seen a clone or derivative of the Uno WiFi Rev2, so most likely you have something different.

This is the link to the product that I received. Thanks much for trying to help.

D1 R2 V2.1.0 WiFi Uno Module Based ESP8266 Module Geekcreit for Arduino - products that work with official Arduino boards

That board is NOT a UNO but an ESP placed on a UNO pinout board.

You need to add the ESP boards via BOARD MANAGER or the additional URL in preferences.
It is an ESP32 so make sure the cores cover that series of chip. such as NODE MCU as mentioned on the page you linked to.

It is NOT a UNO WiFi or a UNO !

On closer inspection the board also appears to be badly numbered with some pins seeming to appear twice so it may be incompatible with regular Arduino shields.

The sales description is VERY MISLEADING !

on the photo is a Wemos D1 R1 and the description says it is a D1 R2. it is a common esp8266 board.

StAugustine:
It would not compile.

Please do this:

• When you encounter an error, you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error messages” in the Arduino IDE (or the icon that looks like two pieces of paper at the top right corner of the black console window in the Arduino Web Editor). Click that button…
  • In a forum reply here, click on the reply field.
  • Click the </> button on the forum toolbar. This will add the forum’s code tags markup to your reply.
  • Press “Ctrl + V”. This will paste the error between the code tags.
  • Move the cursor outside of the code tags before you add any additional text to your reply.

If the text exceeds the forum’s 9000 character limit, save it to a .txt file and post it as an attachment. If you click the “Reply” button here, you will see an “Attachments and other settings” link that will allow you to make the attachment.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.