arduino uno trouble

I am unable to upload sketches to my arduino. Error coming is that the board is in use.
recently the mcu of my arduino burnt so i got a new one. the problem is coming henceforth.
My board is arduino uno .
My MCU is atmega 328 w/ arduino duemilanove bootloader.
the chip came with preloaded blink sketch which is working just fine.
also, the tx led is consistently on.
please help me.

attached are the pics of the error and my board.

Set your board setting to match the chip's bootloader, ie "Duemillanova" rather than "Uno". Make sure you've the correct USB device selected. The TX light being permanently on is worrying (perhaps you have old firmware on the Uno board?)

the bootloader’s settings and the device port is correct. perhaps the old firmware, well how do i check that? but the previous chip was too brought from the same person as this one and the last one was working just fine.
Regards,
Shubham Garg

the tx is always on even when the mcu is not connected to the arduino.
Has the FTDI chip gone bad?

1. The Uno doesn't have a FTDI chip. It uses an ATmel 8u2 as a USB to Serial Converter.
  2. Your error indicates something is holding the serial port open.

It is likely another software application is opening the serial port and trying to use it. Do you have anything like a cellular data device you use with your PC?

Do you have anything like a cellular data device you use with your PC?

nope..

I also tried to change the serial port no and then try again but then also the same error was coming.

Binary sketch size: 1042 bytes (of a 30720 byte maximum)
processing.app.SerialException: Serial port 'COM17' already in use.  Try quiting any programs that may be using it.
	at processing.app.Serial.<init>(Serial.java:144)
	at processing.app.Serial.<init>(Serial.java:76)
	at processing.app.debug.Uploader.flushSerialBuffer(Uploader.java:75)
	at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadViaBootloader(AvrdudeUploader.java:93)
	at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(AvrdudeUploader.java:56)
	at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1603)
	at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1568)
	at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1524)
	at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2293)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Serial port 'COM17' already in use.  Try quiting any programs that may be using it.
	at processing.app.debug.Uploader.flushSerialBuffer(Uploader.java:99)
	at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadViaBootloader(AvrdudeUploader.java:93)
	at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(AvrdudeUploader.java:56)
	at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1603)
	at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1568)
	at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1524)
	at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2293)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)