Audio amp to arduino.

Hi,
I am working on a project where i want to connect my 3.5mm jack to my arduino. The problem is that the output of the jack is (most of the time) to low to read for my arduino. So i wanted to make an amp to amplify the sound. I found an blog on the internet where they made an amp but it directly wired up to a speaker. I was wondering if i can take the output wires and connect them directly up to my arduino A0 port. And if i do so what values will i get? Frequency or amplitude?

The wiring diagram is attached below.

(The amp has a lot of things connected that are not directly necessary but make the sound better)

Hi,
Ops diag,

What is the application that needs an amplified signal to be applied to an Arduino.
The analog input of the Arduino is 0 to 5V POSITIVE, so if you are analysing AC you will need to add some extra circuitry?

What model Arduino are you using?

Thanks.. Tom.... :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response!

TomGeorge: What is the application that needs an amplified signal to be applied to an Arduino.

The application is that i want to make an RGB strip change color based on the amplitude.

TomGeorge: The analog input of the Arduino is 0 to 5V POSITIVE, so if you are analysing AC you will need to add some extra circuitry?

What for circuitry?

TomGeorge: What model Arduino are you using?

I'am using a Arduino uno

Hi, Google

arduino music light show

There are a number of projects that accomplish what you want.

Tom... :)