Automatic irrigation system

A pleasant gooday to all. I am a new to the Arduino world and would really appreciate advice and guidance with respect to a project parts list I am trying to develop automatic irrigation system for which I have already purchased the parts. automated smart irrigation system so here is currently purchased parts list for this project, don't know if I am missing anything:

1 employ moisture sensors to monitor soil content which would start and stop pump based on predetermined values.
2- use water level sensors ( low level ) to stop pump
3- open solenoid valves on pump discharge when pump starts to permit water flow.
4 remotely monitor and control via the Internet the start/stop action of pump opening of solenoid valves and see moisture and temperature values.

Based on web research and perusing this forum the parts I have compiled for purchase so far are:
1-Arduino mega 2560
2 8 channel relay module
3 8 5v micro water pump
4- 12v utility pump
6- water level sensors
7-moisture sensors

What I'm not sure about is the different connections about how to connect also not sure what module and the necessary parts to get to work with the Arduino mega.

Thanks in advance for your help

Your project is a popular one and so there is a lot of information available on this site. Use the forum search function for terms like "measure soil moisture", "solenoid valve control", "water level sense", ...

Thanks I'll do so

Bobster24:
1 employ moisture sensors to monitor soil content which would start and stop pump based on predetermined values.

Best to use the capacitive type moisture sensor as any uninsulated probe will simply rot away from electrolysis in no time at all..

Thanks bluejets

I don’t know if my setup is correct
I am waiting for mini water pumps to arrive
Please review the image

OP image.

The photo is a bit hard to follow. A schematic diagram would be clearer. Make a schematic on paper and scan or post a photo of the drawing. How to post an image.

What have you got working so far? You should be able to simulate most of the inputs just using simple things like a pot for analog input, wires, test leads and similar for digital input, and a multimeter to test digital outputs.

I have managed somehow…can you please help me with what I am missing and what are connections

Which soil sensors are you using? What are the modules between the soil sensors and the Mega? What are the 5 white thing on the right?

How are you going to power everything? The Mega cannot power pump motors nor relays.

Hi ground fungus

The modules between soil sensors and mega is the 8 relay module
Soil sensors are cheap chinese just for experimental purpose
5 white things are micro water pump and the black is the 12v water pump

If you can shed the light on the missing parts and how to connect then I will be highly obliged

Thanks

op image from reply #7. How to post an image.

I meant the modules in the red boxes. Can you supply a link to the place where you bought the soil sensors or a data sheet for for them?
modules.jpg

How are you going to power everything? What is the supply voltage for the micro water pumps? You will need an external power supply of the right voltage and enough current capacity to power all of those parts and the Mega. You will need to know the stall current ratings for the micro pumps and the 12V pump to know how much current to plan for.

modules.jpg

Bobster24:
Soil sensors are cheap chinese just for experimental purpose

Yes, junk.
Won’t last 5 minutes.

Example here…#207 Why most Arduino Soil Moisture Sensors suck (incl. solution) - YouTube

As I said, use capacitive type but you need to add some lacquer or sealer to the sides of the board as it is porous.

Yea guys it’s just for test purpose …soon replacing the sensors with long coated probes ordered from banggood.com
Would like to share the picture of the project with you’ll…I need help with coding …I am a novice totally with codes

Please shed some light
Appreciate!!

"I need help with coding ....I am a novice totally with codes"

No code so far? Then start with the basics. Using commands from the serial monitor, see if you can operate a relay from the arduino. Modify the "blink" example and see if it will operate the relay. If the soil monitors put out an analog signal, see if the example "ReadAnalogVoltage" will show an output value.

Thanks I'll try that

Nothing works!!!!
My board doesn't get recognised by IDE and without electrically powering arduino mega ...mega doesn't power up from USB...don't know what's wrong

Bobster24:
Nothing works!!!!
My board doesn't get recognised by IDE and without electrically powering arduino mega ...mega doesn't power up from USB...don't know what's wrong

In the IDE, go to Tools and scroll down to Boards, and ensure you have your Mega board selected. If you have that done and the board is not recognized or does not power up from a USB connection, then that will have to be sorted out.