avrdude.exe: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Someone PLEASE HELP!

I am trying to complete a project and have been down FOUR DAYS with this RIDICULOUS F****** problem. I was using a Micro JUST FINE. For weeks. I actually embedded it in something, so it's no longer available. I went to the Shack and bought an UNO R3. It worked OK for about 2 or 3 days then it stopped. I also have two NANOs that do not work either. I have never tried them b4 now. I am now getting an error avrdude.exe: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 which appears to indicate no communication. I have loaded and reloaded drivers until I'm blue in the face. I have downloaded ERW... it doesn't work either. I have Atmel Studio and I would LOVE to use it instead, but the instructions for programming with it don't work, never worked, and frankly made zero sense at all. I am about to format and reload Windows 7, but I really don't want to take the time to do that. I never had enough time for this project to start with and now I'm totally screwed. At least if I can be productive for the next week or so maybe I can make the machine I'm building limp along in manual mode so I dont get fired.

Someone PLEASE HELP!

Whine on the forum is WAY down on the list of troubleshooting steps.

If you actually looked at the troubleshooting section, you'd KNOW what to put in your post here. So, clearly you haven't worked through any attempt to resolve the problem on your own.

Have you tried reloading the boot loader into the Arduino?

Look through your frustration. What PaulS is trying to say is that bitching about a problem rarely solves anything. Also, anyone who has made 44,000 posts and garnered over 500 karma points probably deserves your respect and not a sniveling attempt at a retort. You came here asking for help and were lucky enough to have an expert read your post. Time for you to get down off that high horse, remove your hat and gaze down at your feet, then clearly state the nature of your problem, and provide relevant information about your attempts to fix it.

Always keep in mind when you post here that no one owes you anything. I think you'll find that a more productive way to approach this forum.

go to Tools, Serial Port and make sure you have selected the correct port that connects to your bootloader. Make sure that COM port works.

Make sure you have the right board selected, too. They expect to communicate at different baud rates, and they use different chips, each of which has an individual chip ID that the programmer expects to see. If you have an UNO but the IDE thinks you have a Mega 2560, it won't know how to communicate, and the rules it uses to make sure the code/data sizes aren't too large won't work either.

hello,

I am also having same error on my Uno board

I had selected com port and board all correct but the error persist
next thing i tried was changing Microcontroller to newly bootloaded but still no success
Also I tried installing Arduino software as well drivers fresh, my OS is windows 7
can anybuddy suggest me anything new

did you edit boards.txt manually**?**

See Arduino uno v3 avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 - #11 by DirkLuijendijk - Installation & Troubleshooting - Arduino Forum. It worked for me and at least one other.

sorry DirkLuijendijk it does not help me

i tried changing crystal but now board is not responding
at all

burning the bootloader helped for me :slight_smile:

The exact problem appeared here after working without problems for a while. And you know what? I changed system (Win& > Linux Mint) but had selected the wrong board type! =(