Bait Boat Location

Good morning everyone.
I use bait Boat to deliver food for fishing on Lake. By day is not a problem but over night is impossible to drive my boat with food to exact spot (+-3m). I have looking for a GPS device for baitboat but they cost more than I can afford (over 600eur).
Is there a way to get location from boat to my smartphone or my laptop max 250m to offshore.?
I have look for projects with GPS but they are using GSM Gprs Modul. And here is the problem. I don't have phone or Internet signal by Lake.
Can I recive gps signal on boat with Neo6m Modul and than send gps data 250 meters away to offshore without GSM Gprs modul?
Thank's
David
PS. Sorry for my bad English

There are many pet locators using gps and gsm - they should work fine on your bait boat.

Try loc8tor

Or rig some nav lights.

regards

Allan

Hello alanhurst.
I have led lights at front of the boat. But over night is impossible to see exactly where are you going.
In link is bluetooth gps system and I believe that it's made with arduino.
GPS systems for pets need Internet access.
By Lake is impossible to find phone signal

http://www.carplounge.de/en/carplounge-wireless-gps-bluetooth

There are pet location devices which give you approximate range and direction using a handheld receiver....

Or you could couple a GPS with a LoRa radio link - look it up.

And by nav lights I mean proper ones as fitted to a ship - green , red and white, with limited throw, by which another ship can tell the direction it's going.

You could improve on this with extra colours

regards

Allan

I have side lights and back lights. IIn front white led, back lights are blue in left side green led to the and right side red led. I know what direction is boat heading. But I don't know when I'm at right spot. I must feed in circle of max 3 meters around my bait.
I know that can I use neo6m Modul with arduino due to recive gps position of boat. But I can't figure out how to send data to shore...

I would not bother with loc8tor (lite version) myself, I have tried one, very poor range at ground level.

I put one on the ground in my front garden, I lost the signal about 10M down the road.

Unterhunt:
Good morning everyone.
I use bait Boat to deliver food for fishing on Lake. By day is not a problem but over night is impossible to drive my boat with food to exact spot (+-3m). I have looking for a GPS device for baitboat but they cost more than I can afford (over 600eur).
Is there a way to get location from boat to my smartphone or my laptop max 250m to offshore.?
I have look for projects with GPS but they are using GSM Gprs Modul. And here is the problem. I don't have phone or Internet signal by Lake.
Can I recive gps signal on boat with Neo6m Modul and than send gps data 250 meters away to offshore without GSM Gprs modul?
Thank's
David
PS. Sorry for my bad English

As long as the boats TX antenna is elevated a bit, which should be easy to arrange on a boat, there are a number of RF modules that will do the job.

And of course some RC control systems, FrSky for example can be used with a GPS on the RC RX controller, the GPS co-ordinates are sent back to the RC TX as telemetry and displayed on the TX screen.

There is a fully worked example of an Arduino based LoRa GPS tracker on my website, see links below. The Line of sight range for a LoRa setup is way in excess of what you need.

The simplest LoRa setup would be using my relay boards;

http://www.loratracker.uk/?p=312

One on the boat with a GPS plugged in, the other connected to a serial terminal on a PC or similar.

I will shortly have a couple of handheld receiver PCBs with Display, LoRa and GPS, built and tested. One is a very small receiver the size of a matchbox the other is an easy build one which is the same size as and plugs into an Arduino DUE base.

Thanks for the help srnet.
I don't understand why must I work with TX controller?
Can I put androino with GPS Modul and lora transmitter into boat and reciver to laptop?

Unterhunt:
I don't understand why must I work with TX controller?

I did not say you had to.

You can do what you want with;

A suitable RC control system, such as FrSky, that has GPS telemetry capability. I have the FrSky RC setup myself, 250M across water might be possible.

Or

Use a separate LoRa setup, see my website for some examples. 250M across water would be easy peasy.

Or

Another RF module setup, do a Google search for more info.

Whilst there are several ways of getting GPS co-ordinates back from a remote device (boat in this case), that on its own is not a lot of help in getting the device to the actual GPS co-ordinates.

I would imagine that steering a radio controlled boat that is 250M away, and difficult to see, to a location by matching a changing set of numbers on a screen in front of you, might be extremly difficult.

Maybe you need to turn the received boat GPS co-ordinates into location on an on screen map, with a direction arrow (also on screen) for the boat so that you know which way to turn the boat.

That is perhaps a good deal more complex that just getting the GPS co-ordinates back.

If you can interface the boat with an Ardupilot board (and I think it’s safe to assume that your boat is using typical RC hardware) you can use Mission Planner to tell the boat where to go, drop the bait, and return. Generic kits on eBay are under $70.

Your problem is not at all unique. Ardupilot has been used to do this sort of thing for a long time.

This project uses a home made GPS-guided autonomous boat to map lake depths, and may give you some ideas.

There are many cheap radio systems that can return data to shore and transmission range will be excellent over water, as long as no islands are in the way.