battery indicator

so they pictures that I did find had either a 5v or a 12v power source to the vcc do I understand correctly that this 3.7v battery will not suffice, and it's it possible to add a capacitor

wait, what????

You want a 3.7V battery to power your arduino?
You could use a DC-DC step up converter to create a 5V and power your arduino.

You are supposed to use at least 3.78V when running at 16 MHz but it will probably work if you connect your 3.7V battery to the GND (-) and "+5V" (+) pins. Your analog inputs will be using the current battery voltage for their analog reference so if you use them you should be aware of that.

If you switch to 8 MHz you can run on as low as 2.4V and stay within specifications.

• A lithium battery which is 3.7V nominal goes up to 4.2V when fully charge, so you probably won't have trouble running your board, with a 3.7V cell.

when i have the charger connected the indicator lights go on but other than that they do not go on
should the battery indicator be attached to the arduino board

PhantomLAX:
when i have the charger connected the indicator lights go on but other than that they do not go on
should the battery indicator be attached to the arduino board

It looks like you are providing VCC for the indicator only from the charger. If you want the indicator to light up when the charger is off you will have to connect VCC to the battery. Of course you also have to connect the charger to the battery and the battery to the meter input.

I would hook it up like this:
VCC <-> Charger+ <-> Battery+
GND <-> Charger- <-> Battery-
IN <-> Battery+

Are these pigtailed also I have a 3.5v to 5v chip would I/ could/ should I add this

well that worked should i incorporate the step up

PhantomLAX:
should i incorporate the step up

It will use some of the battery power so the battery won't last quite as long. If you need to measure a voltage with any of the analog inputs it would be easier if you had a regulated 5V supply.

if i can get 12-14 hrs of use with everything going which might be asking too much

I have realized i need to add an on of switch to my project i have a 6 pin on/off switch