Board identification..

I've been successfully coding an Arduino/ Genuino Uno board and got some more from a different (eBay based) supplier. The new boards looks like this:

|500x340

When trying to upload the sketch, the IDE reported:

Arduino: 1.8.10 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 3114 bytes (9%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 17 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2031 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM6 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_918838/FadePairLEDs-methods.ino.hex:i 

avrdude: Version 6.3-20190619
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM6
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM6": The system cannot find the file specified.

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

Looked over the Troubleshooting#upload page as linked in the output, and got confused. It recommended checking the port, but the Port item in the Tools menu was not available (grayed out).

I've tried selecting every board shown in the Tools / Board menu but get an error of one sort or another for each.

Is this a genuine board, if so, which one?

It's a clone based on the CH340G serial adapter, instead of the 16u2 used on official ones. Google CH340G drivers and your operating system, download, install, and you'll be ready to go.

The downside is of course, you can't reprogram them with unojoy/etc - but on the upside, they are considerably harder to destroy through electrical abuse.

1) COM6 was probably your original Arduino. 2) Check Windows device manager to see what it says. You will probably have an unknown device; if so, follow DrAzzy's advise.

DrAzzy: It's a clone based on the CH340G serial adapter, instead of the 16u2 used on official ones. Google CH340G drivers and your operating system, download, install, and you'll be ready to go. ..

Thank you! Installed the CH340G driver, rebooted Windows and the board is now running the same sketch I'd prepared for the original Uno. :D