Bugs with space , (auto ? ) indent , inutile space at end of each line

Hello and thansk for this work .*

I ' m using this IDE version on ubuntu , but it is limit unusable ...
i just test this new version , and all bugs with space , (auto ? ) indent , inutile space at end of each line are still present in this version . this is extremely frustrating and painful .
this bugs exist with IDE version 2.0.3 too .

i hope you can stop it quickly .

Hi @iznobe. Please provide a detailed description of these bugs.

It will be important to make sure there is a formal bug report for each of them in the issue tracker. I might also be able to help you to find a workaround to make Arduino IDE more usable for you.

Hi @ptillisch i can ' t provide anything , these " bugs " are only with cursor movement and add useless spaces at end of each copy paste .
i must always replace it and delete spaces ... even when i press enter and type characters the cursor move on its own . it is very painful and I'm wasting a lot of time because of it .
Maybe this happens only on ubuntu and linux mint , i don't know and i can ' t test it on windows .

maybe i can provide a short vidéo if it is necessary .

Without more information I can only guess that you are affected by this bug:

I'll share the workaround for the bug:

  1. Open the "Command Palette" via the Ctrl+Shift+P (Command+Shift+P for macOS users) keyboard shortcut.
  2. Select the "Preferences: Open Settings (UI)" command.
  3. A "Preferences" tab will now open in the Arduino IDE main panel. In the "Search Settings" field, type editor.trimAutoWhitespace
  4. Uncheck the checkbox next to the "☑ Remove trailing auto inserted whitespace." setting.
  5. Click the X icon on the "Preferences" tab.

ok it is done ,thanks for sharing .
one of the probleme is solved :wink:


I can undo an action but not redo it by clicking " modify " , is this also a known bug?

You are welcome. I'm glad it is working now!

I'm not sure I understood correctly what you mean by this. I don't see anything clickable in Arduino IDE labeled "modify". Please provide a more detailed description to help me to understand it.

Hi @ptillisch .
i ' m french and i don't speek very well english .

i want to say that , when i want to " undo a change " and redo it , this not working correctly , i must to click twice , or push " ctrl + Z " twice to undo only one change ( and redo it too ) ...
i just tested IDE on windows , and this feature is working correctly .

Thanks for the information. Your English is fine. I think I understand now, but wasn't able to reproduce it.

Please tell me whether you are able to reproduce the fault by following these instructions:

  1. Select File > New from the Arduino IDE menus.
  2. Click on the editor panel.
  3. Type the letter a
  4. Select Edit > Undo from the Arduino IDE menus.

Does the letter a disappear from the editor as we would expect?

If not, please try it again with the "Auto save" feature disabled:

  1. Select File > Preferences from the Arduino IDE menus.
  2. Uncheck the box next to "☑ Auto save".
  3. Click the OK button.
  4. Click on the editor panel.
  5. Type the letter a
  6. Select Edit > Undo from the Arduino IDE menus.

Does the letter a disappear from the editor as we would expect?

I had a hypothesis that the save after edit is a required condition for the fault to occur (like the save operation creates an event in the undo queue).

Hi .

no , i must to push " ctrl + z " two time .

with the autosave function disabled , it is working fine . but no more autosave ...

it seems this bug appear only with linux . ( tested on windows 10 , and worked fine ) .

i think you are right .

other thing but very similar problem , vhen i go to Preferences: Open Settings (UI) , i can change the autosave parameters in 3 mode .
if i change mode , the autosave function not change how it works , this is always on " after delay 1000 " .
So the only way , is to disable completely autosave , how you tell me before .