Just got into Arduino and looking at the possibilities for using it to build something to monitor key parameters under the hood/bonnet of my classic car. My 67 VW beetle is missing a few important dials…there is no temp gauge and no rev counter for one thing…
- Is it possible to find sensors to measure the temperature of an engine block?
- Same question for measuring the frequency/rpm of the engine?
- Any suggestion for measuring battery health?
- Will an Arduino survive in the engine bay or will I be forced to run wires through the bulkhead (not keen to modify the car if it’s avoidable)
- If the Arduino was in a case with a strong magnet holding it to the engine bay would the magnet affect the electronics?
- Could I use bluetooth LE to connect the Arduino to my phone and show some warnings lights or virtual gauges?
- Has someone already done this and I can follow their example?!
Thanks in advance for any advice.