CAN bus Transceiver MCP2515 - can it work with 3.3V MCU

I am right now using a MCP2515 CAN module with a Nano and its working fine.

Now there is a need to bring in Bluetooth and I want to port the code to a Adafruit M0 Feather. Its a 3.3V board. Will the MCP2515 module work with it ? I need to also choose a Interrupt pin on the Feather.

Anyone try this already ?

Thanks

That module requires a 5v supply.

Disclaimer - I have never used a level shifter with SPI, so this information may not be correct.

The two 3.3v SPI signals going into the module might work OK.
The 5v SPI signal going into the Feather needs to be shifted down to 3.3 using something that is fast. I'm not sure a resistive divider will work.
The 5v interrupt signal going in the Feather can be shifted down using a resistive divider as speed is not critical.

There are several fast 5v to 3.3v converter chips. Seems like overkill for a single line. Perhaps there is a simpler solution.

The bidirectional level shifters commonly used for I2C may be too slow for SPI signals.

mikb55:
That module requires a 5v supply.

Disclaimer - I have never used a level shifter with SPI, so this information may not be correct.

The two 3.3v SPI signals going into the module might work OK.
The 5v SPI signal going into the Feather needs to be shifted down to 3.3 using something that is fast. I'm not sure a resistive divider will work.
The 5v interrupt signal going in the Feather can be shifted down using a resistive divider as speed is not critical.

There are several fast 5v to 3.3v converter chips. Seems like overkill for a single line. Perhaps there is a simpler solution.

The bidirectional level shifters commonly used for I2C may be too slow for SPI signals.

Thanks ... I think its going to be complex. I have now decided on a simple work around.. The Bluefruit M0 will get the required data via BLE and pass it on to another Nano via Serial which as now will send the data via CAN bus.