Can i input 1.5 amps 6 volts into the digital i/o pins?

i am a beginner when it comes to electronics so i don't know a lot. i was wondering if i would be able to read the digital pins with digitalRead() if they are being inputted with 1.5 amps and 6 volts without frying the board

Digital pins draw no current when used as input. However, you will destroy the Arduino if you connect them to 6V. The maximum allowed input voltage on any pin is the Arduino operating voltage, usually either 5V or 3.3V.

State your Arduino type for better advice.

Arduino uno r3 is the board that i am using.
is there a way that i could make it work with another component or something?

Yes, Arduinos can work with other components. Post the details of yours for better advice.

Maybe this would be a good time to take a few moments to read the "How to get the best out of this forum" post.

Yes use a pair of resistors in an potential divider. Search for an on line for a calculator.

Aim for a 4.5V output for a 6V input and make the top resistor 10K. The calculator will tell you what the bottom resistor should be.

This topic might bring You something useful: BEGINNERS and LEARNERS read this... - Using Arduino / Project Guidance - Arduino Forum

Everybody is born newbie, ignorant, but everyone has the possibility to learn new things and grow in knowledge.
Show the application You have in mind! Arduinos are not taking in or sending out Amps. They read 0 - 5 volt, some ones 0 to 3.3 volts. The outputs handle 20 mA.

ok thank you, i will be sure to try this

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.