Can i use this wire with arduino?

Can i use this with arduino?

Which AWG should i pick?

yes

the pretty color one

the duPont connectors typically use use 22 ga wire.
wire diameter is chosen for the amount of power you will use.

amadeok:
Can i use this with arduino?
Yes
Which AWG should i pick?
Depends on what voltage/current your connecting up. For Arduino I/O pins the 22-24AWG would be fine.

Thanks for replies. So what happens if i use wires that are not in the proper AWG range?

They will not fit or make a unreliable connection.

@amadeok, how exactly do you plan to use the wire?

Your link seems to be for multi-strand wire and that is not suitable for sticking into the headers on an Arduino board. If you want to stick wire into the headers you need solid wire. I use wire taken from a piece of CAT6 Ethernet cable with solid conductors.

On the other hand you could attach DuPont connectors to the stranded wire. Or you could solder it to something.

You can also buy lengths of wire with DuPont connectors already attached. For example

...R

The pre-made wire/connectors are also available at AliExpress.

I still cannot get over how inexpensive many things are there.

amadeok:
Thanks for replies. So what happens if i use wires that are not in the proper AWG range?

Apart from the problem of being able to connect them using breadboard etc.
If the wire is to thin and it carries to much high voltage/current then it will get warm/hot/melt with possible disastrous consequences.

Riva:
Apart from the problem of being able to connect them using breadboard etc.
If the wire is to thin and it carries to much high voltage/current then it will get warm/hot/melt with possible disastrous consequences.

I see what if i only use such cables for connecting, buttons, a joystick and a NRF24L01+ ? (to a Leonardo or a Pro Micro)

amadeok:
I see what if i only use such cables for connecting, buttons, a joystick and a NRF24L01+ ? (to a Leonardo or a Pro Micro)

22 ga

aliexpress duPont wire

get multiple length

amadeok:

Then I reckon you need cables that can be plugged into an Arduino header. Jumper cables with DuPont connectors are the neatest. And you can get them with both ends male, male-female and female-female.

For connecting an Arduino to an nRF24 you will need male-female connectors.

...R
Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial