Hi I'm having trouble with a bare bones board. I can only upload with a serial (usb/ftdi friend) cable once for each time I burn the bootloader.
I've looked at the troubleshooting guide, and I can't find a similar situation. Here's how I can make it work:
- Connect Dev board with usbtiny-isp
- select 'duemilanove w/ Atmega 328'
- remove usbtiny-isp
- connect to ftdi friend
- select 'Programmer -> AVR ISP'
- sucessfully upload sketch
- try to upload different sketch "avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding."
If I go back and burn the bootloader again, I can once again load a sketch with the ftdi board.
I don't understand fuses enough yet to understand if my fuses are set incorrectly.
I have the usbtiny-isp, so I can program the boards with that, but I just wonder what the issue is, and if I can fix it. Sometimes it's more useful to have access to the serial terminal without switching cables all the time. I'm on MAC OSX 10.7.
Does anyone know why I can only upload one time for each time I burn the bootloader?