CNC machine

Hi to the community. I need help.I am working on a project where I need to figure out a predefined xy position on a table using stepper motors. The system will include 2 stepper motors (one for x axis, one for y axis),an pendant interface .

I really need some guidance on how to approach this, is there anybody who worked on something similar or has a link with a report of how a system like this was designed that I can look at ?

Please help me

This sounds more like "Please write my code for me". What part are you going to so? What have you tried?

Firstly, in any forum, not just these here, it is a really bad idea to title things with requests along the line of "PLEASE HELP ME" and even worse if it is All Caps.

Some people would deliberately not read any such request, and you never know who might be the best person to help.

Now, unless you go to the "Gigs and Collaborations" section and offer to pay for the service, very few people indeed are likely to walk you through every step in writing the code.

You are expected to "do your homework" - to research each aspect of the problem including obtaining the necessary hardware - the steppers, the Arduino, the stepper drivers, control buttons, limit switches and such, and loading the IDE. You should have at least tested the Arduino and practiced writing sketches to do some simple things such as flashing the "L" LED in different ways.

You should then have a "bill of materials" and bring this to the discussion in full detail, together with the references for any part that is not already part of the Arduino project, and explain how far you have proceeded at this point.

And I should not be writing this, because it should already be described in the leading post you should have read first. Particularly points 4, 6, 8 to 11 and 14.

Plotter tables, like matrix printers, generally use one limit switch on each axis, not to "prevent the motors to go way beyond the acceptable range" because that would mean the software was simply useless, but to be able to find the zero point of travel on each power-on.

Plotter tables, like matrix printers, generally use one limit switch on each axis, not to "prevent the motors to go way beyond the acceptable range" because that would mean the software was simply useless, but to be able to find the zero point of travel on each power-on.

Generally, there are two on each axis. One to find home as you describe, and the other to prevent over-travel should the programmer not be careful.

tell what hardware you have,where are the drivers connected, remember to debounce the buttons

PaulS: Generally, there are two on each axis. One to find home as you describe, and the other to prevent over-travel should the programmer not be careful.

It surprises me that someone responsible for writing firmware for a plotter table would be less than "careful", but - there you go!