Controlling Position of Continuous Rotation Servo

Here is the servo I’m working with:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to control the position of the servo? I can adjust the speed and direction but it just rotates in the same direction over and over again. I understand continuous rotation servos lack position feedback but there has to be some way to achieve position control. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is the project I am trying to accomplish:

I understand continuous rotation servos lack position feedback but there has to be some way to achieve position control.

Your continuous rotation servo would not be easy to modify to again become a normal servo. You most likely just need to purchase regular servos which can be told which position to go to.

I wouldn't have problem with buying new servos. I need one with 360 degrees of freedom or more. I gave a quick look after I saw your reply but didn't find much. I saw something about a sail winch servo. Any suggestions? I'm also going to keep researching.

What are you really trying to do?

Mark

The below servo seems to make 1.5 rotations.

Radio Control Planes, Drones, Cars, FPV, Quadcopters and more - Hobbyking42638__Turnigy_TGY_4805_1_5PA_Sail_Winch_Servo_Drum_Type.html

Right now, I'm trying to move two connected arms around a workspace (just like the youtube video I provided). Each arm is controlled by a servo. Later on down the road I will add end of arm tooling but I'm still working on controlling the servos to move in the direction/speed/position I want. A sail winch servo moves in a continuous motion correct? Could I move to say 127 degrees?

Why not use stepper motors ? They would seem to be ideal for the job.

The structure I built is already setup for servos. Would a sail winch servo be ok?

The structure I built is already setup for servos.

Oh dear !

Would a sail winch servo be ok?

I have never used or even seen one but it is my understanding that they produce a rotation proportional to the input pulse rate in the same way as a normal servo with the difference being the angle that is covered is greater than 180 degrees. So, if a standard servo moves between 0 and 180 degrees with input pulses between 1000 and 2000 microSeconds then a servo capable of say 360 degree rotation would move through 360 degrees with the same range of input pulses.