Controlling two stepper motors

I am working on a project that involves a NEMA 34 and a NEMA 17 stepper motors. These motors control an x and y linear slide system we have constructed. These motors will need to have a set speed, distance, and number of steps. I currently have an Arduino UNO R3 and am wondering if anyone has any code already built where all I would need to do is insert the desired parameters?

If anybody has any code that they think might help or know of anywhere to get some basic code for this application, please let me know. Any help is much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Jordan

I am working on a project that involves a NEMA 32 and a NEMA 17 stepper motors.

Do you have any idea what NEMA32 and NEMA 17 mean? They are standards the define the mounting hole locations. Pretty useless information for us.

These motors will need to have a set speed, distance, and number of steps. I currently have an Arduino UNO R3 and am wondering if anyone has any code already built where all I would need to do is insert the desired parameters?

You mean like the Stepper library?

Motor 1 Information (STP-MTRH-34127(D):
*Max Holding Torque=80.5 lb-in
*Rated Current=6.3 (A/Phase)
*Resistance=.5 (ohms/phase)
*Inductance=4.1 (mH/phase)
*Driver=STP-DRV-80100
**Output Current=.1-10A/phase
**Input Voltage= nominal -->24-80VDC
**Control Current= 4State PWM @20kHz
**Min Pulse Width=250ns
**Max Pulse frequency=2MHz
**Analog-->Range 0-5VDC; Resolution-->12 bit

Motor 2 Information (STP-MTR-23055(D):
*Max Holding Torque=10.37 lb-in
*Rated Current=2.8 (A/Phase)
*Resistance=.8 (ohms/phase)
*Inductance=2.4 (mH/phase)
*Driver=STP-DRV-4850
**Output Current=.1-5 A/phase
**Input Voltage= nominal -->24-48 VDC
**Control Current= 4State PWM @ 20kHz
**Min Pulse Width=250ns
**Max Pulse frequency=2MHz
**Analog-->Range 0-5VDC; Resolution-->12 bit

The specs of the motors probably matter less than the stepper motor driver board that interfaces them to the Arduino. Presumably you have something suitable that can manage the current for your motors (and a suitable power supply).

Post a link to the specifications for the driver boards.

If they require the usual step and direction signals there should be no problem driving them with the Arduino. You could usefully study the AccelStepper library. It is fairly simple to write your own code to produce step and direction signals.

...R

Yeah, I have the proper power supplies for this system. The link below shows the specs for the two drivers in this system which are the 4850 and the 80100 models:

Appreciate the input!

I see references to step amd direction but I couldn't see a wiring diagram for connecting to a microprocessor.

You will need to make sure it uses 5volt logic and not 12v RS232 signal levels which would damage the Arduino or 3v logic which an Arduino might damage. In either case you would just need something to change the signal levels.

...R

Does this link tell you what you were inquiring about?

jordy2131:
Does this link tell you what you were inquiring about?

Well, it's really a question of what you need to know. That datasheet seems to explain the connections to the microprocessor.

...R