D-Pad for use with Arduino

I see joystick modules (and have used them) for use with Arduino's but is there a supplier of D-pad type controls for Arduino? Ideally something as polished as the joystick that has a D-pad on top of the buttons not just 4 exposed tactile buttons (but I'd settle for that if even it exists).

Not picky but for my application I'd rather each button was on it's own pin too, not rigged up with resistors for use on a single analog pin.

Anyone able to point me to a source for such a component or offer some tips on making one?

My local thrift store always has some different controllers for very cheap. If in the US, Goodwill might have them as well.

bitmugger:
Not picky but for my application I’d rather each button was on it’s own pin too, not rigged up with resistors for use on a single analog pin.

Generally bad idea to try and encode buttons on an analog input. :roll_eyes:

If you'll settle for just buttons and don't mind having a joystick thrown in, there is a "joystick shield" sold by the usual suspects:

Paul__B:
Generally bad idea to try and encode buttons on an analog input. :roll_eyes:

I've found it works fine for 4-6 buttons at least, but this time I want to be able to hit multiple buttons at once so that's why I'd prefer not to use an analog pin.

pert:
If you'll settle for just buttons and don't mind having a joystick thrown in, there is a "joystick shield" sold by the usual suspects:

Thanks, that might have to be my backup plan. I also found a 5 way directional control that's digital (vs analog joysticks), but doesn't have a d-pad so I'd have to 3D print something.